NGD: Richard Fortus White Falcon

tolm

Gretschie
Jan 25, 2016
UK
Congrats! I have mine on its way as we speak. Richard Fortus is a guitar whisperer!
Nice! Are you getting the same (White / 25.5 / Bigsby) or the “other” (Black / 24.6 / Stoptail) version?

I have to say - it feels like he’s nailed the specs: everything I’d want to make it more “player friendly” with no fuss!

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Minimalist and intuitive controls...
I didn't even notice how minimalist the controls are until you pointed it out. Master volume, master tone, and pickup selector. I could live with that. I've almost never used the individual pickup volume controls. 50/50 is the correct balance for the middle position. I've occasionally considered bypassing them to squeeze a little bit more juice from the pickups, but never quite get around to it.

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I didn't even notice how minimalist the controls are until you pointed it out. Master volume, master tone, and pickup selector. I could live with that. I've almost never used the individual pickup volume controls. 50/50 is the correct balance for the middle position. I've occasionally considered bypassing them to squeeze a little bit more juice from the pickups, but never quite get around to it.
I agree entirely. any guitars I have had custom built have minimal control electronics with tone controls push/pull to take them out of circuit.

tolm

Gretschie
Jan 25, 2016
UK
The controls seem really well sorted to me:

- Treble bleed on the volume works really well (better than the one I had put in on my Jet)

- No-load Tone Pot seems to genuinely do something: you can feel/see it “disengage” and there’s a touch more output for that vs “all the way up but not quite disengaged”

- Balance between both pickups seems spot on in the middle position - noticeable different tone to either of the pickups individually with just a slight “quack” - so I haven’t missed the individual volumes at all

Latest posts