NGD on the way

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
A 2018 American Professional Strat. I've always had a love/hate thing going on with Strats. I started out on Gibson style guitars. I took to Gretsch guitars immediately. I've learned to love Teles, but have never been able to totally bond with a Strat. But... I've never owned a nice USA one, only Mex, Squier, or partscaster.
Hopefully this time will be the charm!
5FA4BAD0-8261-4DDB-8159-0AD9054C1BCE_1_201_a.jpeg

musicman100

Country Gent
Aug 15, 2008
England
A 2018 American Professional Strat. I've always had a love/hate thing going on with Strats. I started out on Gibson style guitars. I took to Gretsch guitars immediately. I've learned to love Teles, but have never been able to totally bond with a Strat. But... I've never owned a nice USA one, only Mex, Squier, or partscaster.
Hopefully this time will be the charm!
View attachment 172116
Looks nice, congratulations,
I’ve got a fender coming in tomorrow

scrimmer

Gretschie
Apr 6, 2019
North Carolina
Cool color!
Good luck with the bonding process.
Being mainly a Tele guy, I too have a love/hate relationship with them.
Haven't owned a strat in years and every time I get the hankerin' for one again
and pick one up I cannot seem to adjust my right hand style to keep from hitting the volume knob to save my life.

Pine Apple Slim

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2011
North Alabama
Cool color!
Good luck with the bonding process.
Being mainly a Tele guy, I too have a love/hate relationship with them.
Haven't owned a strat in years and every time I get the hankerin' for one again
and pick one up I cannot seem to adjust my right hand style to keep from hitting the volume knob to save my life.
I know what you mean but I eventually adjust to the vol knob situation if I play it regularly (or I'm careful).
IMO ergonomically speaking, (body shape and neck feel) Strats are the most comfortable guitar of all.
No tone control on the rear pickup always bugged me but I'm gonna fix that right off.
I can never seem to get the trem working to my satisfaction either, but then I'm not really whammy bar guy. I like a non-roller bar Bigsby like on my Falcon best but I rarely use it. I think if I just keep the trem decked and the arm in the case we'll get along much better.