NGD/NBD. Duo Jet with Tru Arc copper bridge

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by kpnash, Jul 31, 2020.

1. db62

db62 Synchromatic

Apr 6, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Looks great!
    Definitely agree with the move to add the Chet Arm. I added one to my 6128 DSV together with TV Jones T-Armonds and a TruArc.
    IMG_5200.jpeg

2. kpnash

kpnash Electromatic

Jul 31, 2020
    Germany, Karlsruhe Area
    Not sure if Chet Arm, with all of its beauty, would be comfortable for resting little finger on it in Cliff Gallup's way?

3. Wjensen

Wjensen Gretschie

May 25, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Cool guitar, and great pickin'!

kpnash likes this.
  4. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Congrats and welcome, I have melita bridges on a few of my gretschs and yes they are a bit hard to get along with so I understand the swap.

kpnash likes this.
  5. BrianW

BrianW Synchromatic

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Welcome and thank you for posting that. Great tones and picking!

cheers

kpnash likes this.
  6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    welcome, great pickin! You might find you like those pickup simply by adding adjustable rubber shims beneath them. Flatten the slugs almost to the bobbin and raise the pickup body, then adjust the slugs only for string balance and fretboard radius. You'll be really surprised at how much more tone pops out of the instrument. Its a wrong move to raise the poles up only, unless youre after a super twangy tele like response.

7. Berington

Berington Electromatic

Jan 6, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Gorgeous guitar, both visually and in sound! Congrats on your "new toy!" And fabulous playing! (Fwiw, I LOVE the orig DeArmond pickups, they sound amazing! No need for change.) At first I wondered (kidding) if the bathroom tile caused the great slapback, but of course you answered that in your text.

Anyway, FABULOUS playing, GREAT taste in guitars, and welcome to this not-so-little "club!"

And ALL, please forgive my embarrassing ignorance, but many times in this forum I've seen people use the acronym "NGD" and now "NBD." I pretty much get it - is it related to G.A.S.? Must be "New Guitar..."-something, but what's the "D?" Disease? Disorder? Desire? Keep meaning to ask... finally have.

Cheers!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.