NGD LP Classic P90

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Thanks! Yes this one is about 10.5 lbs. I am considering that, maybe with a Vibramate mounting plate that keeps it reversible. Since I have a Gretsch with a Bigsby, I just might leave this one a hard tail.

That's the route I went, too. Easy install, works like a champ. It's been on there so long now I kinda forget the Vibramate's even there.

Of course, it's a B7, so not quite as buttery smooth as a B3/B6, but it's plenty workable. I'm happy with it!

Attachments

• B7-Vibramate.jpg
    B7-Vibramate.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 7

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
That's the route I went, too. Easy install, works like a champ. It's been on there so long now I kinda forget the Vibramate's even there.

Of course, it's a B7, so not quite as buttery smooth as a B3/B6, but it's plenty workable. I'm happy with it!
The offset of the Vibramate probably improves the break angle over the bridge somewhat. Nice job with the installation, that guitar looks sweet!

Just kind of window shopping right now, but I can't seem to find a B7 in-stock anywhere, other than some dubious looking random e-commerce web sites. I guess I will wait until they are back in stock somewhere more well-known like StewMac.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Back in 2011 Gibson put out a Traditional with tapped P90s. It's still one of my main guitars. The tap took it from vintage coil winding up tp 25% /30% overwound.
I never heard of those, seems like their “Traditional” series ironically is the one that breaks from tradition, i.e. offers more modern features. I am seriously thinking about the Fishman Fluence P90s, it has similar vintage and hot voicings, but totally hum-free since they are active. Still just enjoying this one stock for now.

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Thanks for that one! I just found the sheet music for this one in a Rockabilly book in my library, I am working on it now. Here's a later performance he did, with a little help from his friends:

looks like he's got a Peavey here.

Yeah man, Carl had good taste!

Here he's rocking a state of the art, brand spanking new Fender model..

reverb11

Gretschie
Jun 11, 2008
London, Ontario
This is mine. It doesn't say "Gibson," but it's pretty sweet (and it doesn't weigh ten lbs, either).

Attachments

• eastman-sb56-nGD-goldtop-ss-full-front.jpg
    eastman-sb56-nGD-goldtop-ss-full-front.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Thanks for that one! I just found the sheet music for this one in a Rockabilly book in my library, I am working on it now. Here's a later performance he did, with a little help from his friends:

looks like he's got a Peavey here.

Thanks, I have not okayed that for awhile. It should only take a few minutes to have it back under my fingers, it is very simple yet a great piece.

Edison

Electromatic
Mar 27, 2022
Ottawa, Illinois
love P90s. The faded pelham blue is subtle, taking on different qualities depending on the lighting. Same with Gretsch's aspen green. I have a Gibson SG Special in faded pelham blue, fitted with P90s.

I couldn't resist acquiring one of Epiphone's limited edition '56 gold tops, but with the Chicago blue finish. I pretty quickly added the Bigsby using a Vibramate kit.

20200920_161941.jpg 20201102_084033.jpg