NGD: Gretsch G5435TG LTD

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by flatulentmatt, May 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. flatulentmatt

flatulentmatt Electromatic

Apr 21, 2020
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    So I did a thing.

[​IMG]

Got this for a steal second hand - around $400 US including shipping. It's a 2017 Pro Jet LTD Edition Candy Apple Red with Gold Hardware.

It is seriously so nice. In hand it feels like a much much more expensive guitar. The neck is one of the nicest I've played, and I'm not used to 12.5" radius either; but it feels so smooth and fast. It holds its tune pretty well; the nut needs a tiny bit of work as the G & D can drag a touch, but it's very minor.

It's in pretty good nick; couple of scratches on the pickguard and small dings on the back. The binding looks phenomenal. The neck pup also had some pole pieces removed (pretty common mod apparently) which I'll replace at some point. The Blacktop Filtertrons have great clarity and punch.

I honestly cannot get over how good a guitar it is for the money. It's seriously inspiring to play!

Outlaw, J Bird, Floydish and 9 others like this.
  2. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Nice one and I agree with your assessment - I have one too (Cadillac Green):

upload_2020-5-29_23-24-32.png

3. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Congratulations, great looking guitar. I have 2 G5435's in black so the grand-daughter and I can play the same type.

4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Great score! Congrats!

flatulentmatt likes this.
  5. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    There are some threads about that mod here, if you search you might find a source for the right size nylon screws that can fill the holes but remain non-magnetic, if you like the sound of the modded pickup.

6. flatulentmatt

Apr 21, 2020
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    I'd be keen to know the screw thread at least for the replacements. The neck sounds good but too similar to a Strat for my liking, and I already have one of those! I'd like to hear it stock.

GlenP likes this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Beautiful guitar @flatulentmatt , such a classy looking guitar too . Congratulations and enjoy . I believe member @LivingMyDream also has the same one and loves it too

8. flatulentmatt

Apr 21, 2020
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Thanks! My wife certainly thinks it's pretty as well. I'll reiterate what I said above, it just feels like a quality instrument, if I was playing it sight unseen I'd have added at least $1500 to the price!

thunder58 likes this.
  9. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Gold and red=stunning!

10. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congratulations on your stunning Pro Jet, flatulentmatt! Indeed the Electromatic Pro Jets and the Electromatic Jets are wonderful instruments at an incredible price point. There are a few mods that some do to "take it up a notch," but like you, I'm quite happy with my stock Pro Jet.

Rich, they're close, and the only difference between the 5435TG and my 534TG is the white back and sides on the 534TG. Otherwise, they are exactly the same guitar, and from the front, they are identical.

thunder58 and flatulentmatt like this.
  11. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats Matt!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.