NGD Gretsch Brian Setzer SSL

cycler

Electromatic
Feb 11, 2022
1645201953071.png

I bought this from John, here ,on the forum (JLD4133). My first Gretsch and have only played once so far. I just got it Wed., waited until Thursday evening to take it out its case. Obviously in the honeymoon phase, but, after I figured out how to use the different knobs/switches, amazed at the amount of tones available from this instrument. I like playing jazz chord progressions, no problem, blues, check, and of course rockabilly, which I am just starting to learn. Not a fan of slim necks, but, I would guess this one measures at about .085 at the first fret, and I can certainly live with that. Fit, finish, as good as I could want.

Just a quick note: like I mentioned I bought this from JLD4133 (John), on this forum, and it was a real smooth transaction. Excellent seller, shipped quickly, and packaged beyond belief. He stayed in contact with me during the transaction, answered any questions quickly, and offered his knowledge to some of the questions I had about the guitar.

JLD4133

Country Gent
May 10, 2011
Mequon, WI
View attachment 175684

Just a quick note: like I mentioned I bought this from JLD4133 (John), on this forum, and it was a real smooth transaction. Excellent seller, shipped quickly, and packaged beyond belief. He stayed in contact with me during the transaction, answered any questions quickly, and offered his knowledge to some of the questions I had about the guitar.
Hey, Cycler (Emilio): I'm so glad you love the Setzer SSL. It was a pleasure doing business with you too. This forum has an excellent group of people to share knowledge, technical advice, and practical know-how. I think you are going to like it here!
John

giffenf

Country Gent
Oct 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Congrats! I have a similar one (a G6120BS-NV-L), and if anyone is interested, it's for sale! Here's what it sounded like at one of the few gigs I've used it on:

Forgive the shameless plug. The video doesn't show much of me playing it (guess I'm not the eye candy I thought I was), but you can hear it. This was the gig where I fell in love with tweed Fender Bassmans, as that was what I plugged into on the backline, and was quite happy with my choice.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
View attachment 175684

I bought this from John, here ,on the forum (JLD4133). My first Gretsch and have only played once so far. I just got it Wed., waited until Thursday evening to take it out its case. Obviously in the honeymoon phase, but, after I figured out how to use the different knobs/switches, amazed at the amount of tones available from this instrument. I like playing jazz chord progressions, no problem, blues, check, and of course rockabilly, which I am just starting to learn. Not a fan of slim necks, but, I would guess this one measures at about .085 at the first fret, and I can certainly live with that. Fit, finish, as good as I could want.

I find the SSL's for some reason, at least the earlier models, to have a distinct V to the slimmer neck. My SSU has a very lazy V, my Setzer smoke, almost a C from an uber lazy V... :)

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Just a quick note: like I mentioned I bought this from JLD4133 (John), on this forum, and it was a real smooth transaction. Excellent seller, shipped quickly, and packaged beyond belief. He stayed in contact with me during the transaction, answered any questions quickly, and offered his knowledge to some of the questions I had about the guitar
It's what makes this forum " the friendliest forum on the inter-net " . Friends are always being made here and I'm proud to be part of this forum . Congratulations to the both of you , gorgeous guitar