NGD G5627T-P90

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by rockymtnguitar, Oct 17, 2021.

1. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Colorado
    My dad gave me a very nice gift card for my birthday and I was able to grab this guitar. GC had just put it on sale, too.

It's the G5627T-P90, which I believe is a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend exclusive. GC did a lousy job with packing for shipping and the Bigsby had pushed through the box, but it all seems undamaged. The guitar plays great and sounds really good. It's very aggressive and I love the sound. It's also easy to play. This is the first thinner centerblock I've had and I like it a lot. It played well out of the box, though I'll order a softer spring and I need to balance the pickups (big volume drop going from the neck to the bridge.

Does anyone happen to know what Gretsch hardcase fits these?

DB087ABD-E0BD-4551-8050-CD86F5D7F35A_1_105_c.jpeg 442A616B-9A28-4175-8FEA-AE634AB714B6_1_105_c.jpeg 108CECA8-1BCC-453D-8A89-DBA75185406E_1_105_c.jpeg

2. rake_ether

rake_ether Gretschie

Aug 24, 2019
    Athens, GA USA
    Beautiful. That's the first Electromatic I've seen with P-90s. I've toyed with the idea of swapping out the Blacktop Filtertrons on my 5420 with P-90s.

rockymtnguitar likes this.
  3. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    That is a good question. I would suggest to contact customer service at Gretsch.
    The G5622T we have appears to be close, the case we used is the G6298 (099-6408-000). You may want to look at the measurements for the G5622T on the Gretsch site and compare it to the measurements on your guitar. Both are double cut, and appear to be close, but I am only looking at the picture of yours, and our actual guitar. I measured our G5622T and compared them with the Gretsch site, and they are the same as they list.

Good luck my friend, special editions are not covered well in the Gretsch site, I wish that they would have a decoder ring for us to figure it out.

section2, rockymtnguitar and Archtops like this.
  4. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I really like that G5627T-P90! I have the same thing in a 2019 Streamliner G2622T-P90 and love the guitar. Mine, also, was a GC/MF Special Edition (Phantom Metallic paint) not listed on the Gretsch website.
    Gretsch G2622 P-90 $599 2.jpg

I prefer not having any logo on my cases, and like to save money, so I'd try one of the generic ES-335 cases. I really like the Silver Creek "Vintage Archtop Hollowbody Guitar Case" I got from MF on sale for about $90. Very good quality, 6 latches. Perfect fit for my G2622s.
    SC Case 1a.JPG
    I believe your guitar is the same size as the G5622 and G2622 but you'll have to check to be sure.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  5. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    That is a beauty, congrats!

mrfixitmi and rockymtnguitar like this.
  6. NowEarThis

NowEarThis Gretschie

Jun 23, 2021
    Northern Rivers NSW Australia
    Great score, that’s a bargain. Congratulations and enjoy the P90’s. I’ll say it again…Love P90’s.

rockymtnguitar and mrfixitmi like this.
  7. juks

juks Country Gent

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    Congrats! I picked up from a store and even then the packaging was little rough. But not as bad as yours. Agreed it a great guitar.

This case works, nice and snug and very sturdy. Assuming you don't need the Gretsch logo on it and want to save a few bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M9FYHNK?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I had one before and tried it out. I have one on order. Actually when I last time ordered one, I received two. Did I complain? No. My company had the same issue. It's Amazon receiving department not paying attention and booking the box as one unit and that's what they ship out. And when you complain to Amazon, the reply is 'we don't make mistakes'. It took months to get that fixed with many happy customers receiving extras. And Amazon charges the ' missing' units to you, the vendor. Until you can prove they did make a mistake.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  8. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats rocky!

9. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Congrats on that, very nice and happy birthday.

10. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Colorado
    Thanks for the case link - I'll look into it. Odd on the shipping.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  11. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Colorado
    I'll check out that case, thanks. Could be exactly what I need. Don't care about the logo. Thanks!

Does that case look like it would work with a Bigsby?

mrfixitmi likes this.
  12. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats and HNGD. Great looking guitar. Enjoy those P90's.

13. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    Yes, I now keep my G2622T-P90 in that case and it works perfectly, not too much pressure. Just rotate the arm down toward the bottom and you're good.

The case is on sale right now, $110-25% equals $82.50. Free shipping and if you register with MF you get 8% reward points for later. Use the coupon code.
    Silver Creek Vintage Archtop Hollowbody Guitar Case Black | Musician's Friend (musiciansfriend.com)

14. Andrew Griffin

Andrew Griffin Synchromatic

Oct 22, 2015
    Way to go. I've had my eye on one of those but lack the funds at present. I tried one at GC and really enjoyed the tone.

15. Jackrd

Jackrd Electromatic

Nov 27, 2017
    New York NY
    Nice guitar yes, but it bears stating that your father is a very thoughtful and generous man. We all get so caught up in the guitar, case, pickups, etc., that we fail to read the post that his father gave him a 'really nice gift card for his birthday'. Clearly, he was thinking that he wanted you to be able to buy a guitar that you would want and rather than ask and buy, let you do it yourself providing the funds and giving you the fun as part of your special day. Way to go Dad!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.