NGD: G5420T- Silver Sparkle

filtersweep

Electromatic
May 27, 2012
Norway

I sold a hollow body with a floating PU, then bought a used Cabronita with filtertron wannabes. That guitar was dead and lifeless- no matter what I did to it. I also unloaded a Strat and a super strat with a Floyd- leaving me only a trem-equipped guitar of a Jaguar. The Jag.... lets say I have a love-hate relationship with it.

Then this showed up for sale- half price of new price WITH TV Jones pickups. And a sparkle paint job. This is a great addition to my Les Pauls and Teles.

I was a bit skeptical of buying an Asian guitar, but this thing really sings, and its quirky Gretschness makes me forget where it was made.

The TV Jones pickups are the brightest humbuckers I have ever played. I’m thinking it is a keeper.

BTW- the seller just slapped a shipping label on the case. Go figure.....

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2012
France
What a pity Gretsch doesn't issue all those fancy finishes in LH :( !

Nice instrument, indeed - I think that even the pic doesn't do it justice enough...

A+!

Reedlvr

Gretschie
Dec 8, 2017
West Texas

I sold a hollow body with a floating PU, then bought a used Cabronita with filtertron wannabes. That guitar was dead and lifeless- no matter what I did to it. I also unloaded a Strat and a super strat with a Floyd- leaving me only a trem-equipped guitar of a Jaguar. The Jag.... lets say I have a love-hate relationship with it.

Then this showed up for sale- half price of new price WITH TV Jones pickups. And a sparkle paint job. This is a great addition to my Les Pauls and Teles.

I was a bit skeptical of buying an Asian guitar, but this thing really sings, and its quirky Gretschness makes me forget where it was made.

The TV Jones pickups are the brightest humbuckers I have ever played. I’m thinking it is a keeper.

BTW- the seller just slapped a shipping label on the case. Go figure.....
Sweet! Glad you got it in one piece!

filtersweep

Electromatic
May 27, 2012
Norway
A better photo:

dQqyuFE.jpg

I am really liking this thing. My only gripe is that the neck could be fatter. The TV Jones have an amazing tone, and the playability of this is fantastic. And it is the loudest, gawdiest looking guitar imaginable-- and I love that sort of stuff. I have a tangerine sparkle Telecaster and Les Paul Custom, that are by most accounts rather blingy. But this thing is outrageous!

Latest posts