NGD Epiphone Les Paul

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
It started with the Firefly guitar. It was a really nice guitar but I just wanted something better. I no longer have a guitar with humbuckers and I just wanted something better that I didn’t have to take a mortgage out on. Someone asked if the firefly was a good guitar or was it good for the money? It was a decent guitar better than good for the money but not as nice as this one or any of my other guitars. Better than some guitars I’ve owned in the past. Either way I got the bug about getting something I really wanted. I looked all over eBay and reverb. I checked GC, Sweetwater , musicians friend etc. I stumbled across this it’s a Les Paul standard plus top pro. It’s got burstbuckers 1&2, the 60’s slim neck, Grover tuners.
It showed up today and it’s a great guitar. Looks great plays abs sounds great. Only mods I want to do are strap locks, that will be tomorrow, Peter green mod to the neck pick up. That’s it. I am gonna give it a set up and change the strings.

A29C462C-03DA-4564-998C-DE46590513BD.jpeg C3496B6B-2A79-40BB-A5E3-35C192B35930.jpeg 03EE2BB3-3A70-4D80-B023-4753F3B7FCD3.jpeg

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Nice. That is my first electric guitar a 1992 or 1993 which I still have. It played beautifully even though I never had a pro set up and I didn't know what I was doing. It did have one fret sprout but otherwise a great guitar.

radd

Friend of Fred
Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
Epi Les Pauls, they can be great guitars. I had a 15 yr old Korean made Epi Gold Top 56 Les Paul with p90’s, great guitar, I miss it.

Congrats on yours, it is a good looking guitar.

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Nick, I had an Epi LP Plus Top up until I left Tennessee for Missouri, a couple of years ago. Within a year of ownership, I decided to put Gibson '57 Classic pickups in it, and it was amazing. Somewhere along the line, I got away from the humbucker sound, and so I gave it to a friend before I moved.

Every now and again, I get the urge to check out Epi LP's, and now you're not helping me resist buying another guitar. :D

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
Nick, I had an Epi LP Plus Top up until I left Tennessee for Missouri, a couple of years ago. Within a year of ownership, I decided to put Gibson '57 Classic pickups in it, and it was amazing. Somewhere along the line, I got away from the humbucker sound, and so I gave it to a friend before I moved.

Every now and again, I get the urge to check out Epi LP's, and now you're not helping me resist buying another guitar. :D
Glad I could help

Latest posts