NGD Brian Setzer Hot Rod SHBKTV

T Bone

Country Gent
Apr 14, 2013
SE Edge of the Mount of Venus
Well according to the GC tracking, my Hot Rod won’t be here until Monday. I’m guessing the holiday shipping has it screwy. Glad I paid for that 2-day shipping....

Bummer about the delay, but a suggestion. First up, you are owed a refund for the two day shipping. But a very similar thing happened with my Antifreeze Green Sparkle Hot Rod around 11 months ago. I ordered new from Adaramma on a super sale ($1859). Paid an extra $27 for two day shipping. They didn't make the cut off so instead of it arriving on Friday, I had to wait until Tuesday if I recall (Monday was New Year's Day). So when I called for the refund on shipping, told them they should give me a bit more for rearranging my schedule. They offered an additional $25, I suggested $50. He had to talk with his manager, called back and did give me the $50. So it turned a great deal into a really great deal.

Guessing you can also get some additional credit from GC for the disappointment. Certainly worth a try.

I hope the weekend passes quickly, looking forward to your NGD on Monday.

a willingham

Electromatic
Nov 30, 2016
Tennessee
Question? This will be my 2nd Gretsch. I have a 5420T in Orange that I have heavily customized with Setzer Sigs, bone nut, Compton bridge and ebony bridge base that I sanded flush. I love it, it’s not going anywhere. Though I am considering swapping the Setzer sigs to the HR and the Classics to the 5420. My thinking is the Setzer would help with any brightness of the HR and the classics will sound great in the 5420. Thoughts?

unknown fan

Gretschie
Aug 7, 2018
Tn
Oh yes! Play it in good health

Question? This will be my 2nd Gretsch. I have a 5420T in Orange that I have heavily customized with Setzer Sigs, bone nut, Compton bridge and ebony bridge base that I sanded flush. I love it, it’s not going anywhere. Though I am considering swapping the Setzer sigs to the HR and the Classics to the 5420. My thinking is the Setzer would help with any brightness of the HR and the classics will sound great in the 5420. Thoughts?
My .02? I'd leave the Setzers in the 5420T and if the HR sounds like it could use a set - just get another set for it.

stratoblaster

Electromatic
Jan 13, 2013
Scottsdale AZ
Congrats!!! I have a Hot Rod I love myself.

Very nice rendition of Sleepwalk, well done!

Yes well done but since you played Sleepwalk someone has to do it....

giphy.gif

SLICKFASTER

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2009
USA
Oh yes! Play it in good health

My .02? I'd leave the Setzers in the 5420T and if the HR sounds like it could use a set - just get another set for it.
I would, Setzer did. Give the BSHR what it needs...Setzer Sigs. Also I believe your thoughts on the the brightness is spot on. The SS are better balanced. Your pro line HR deserves em.
Be certain to get those pup heights at 3/16 to strings if you haven’t already.. huge difference .

Last edited:

Outlaw

Country Gent
Jul 13, 2011
UK
ace guitar you got there, worth the wait IMO.
Get those pups swapped, both guitars will benefit, classics sound awesome in a 5420!

Latest posts