NGD! ... almost

Armygirl

Country Gent
Mar 14, 2014
Edinburgh
Hi all, very happy to report I've just bought a new (to me) Gretsch guitar! It's a 1999 G3141 which has already been quite extensively modded. V cut Gretsch Bigsby, TV Jones pickups, Compton bridge (I think). I should receive it tomorrow or the next day, until then the seller (who didn't do the mods) didn't really know anything about the guitar apart from saying it's in great condition. So I'll just have to be patient and hope for the best!

I'm wondering about the TVJ pickups. With the DeArmond mount they all look the same from the top. I'm guessing there are markings on the underside of the pickup, surely this is the case? No pictures of the undersides on TV's website.

Anyway in a couple of days after it's arrived I'll post a proper report and pics. The pics below are some of the sellers images. Looks like it could do with a wipe down! View attachment 186861

For anyone who doesn't know the model, it's a thinline centre block that would've originally come with Dearmond 2000's and the G cutout tailpiece. It's 16" wide and 1 7/8" deep, from the Historic series that from what I can gather were only made from '99 to '03.
View attachment 186862 View attachment 186863
Fantastic! Looks 😍

SneakyPete

Gretschie
Mar 7, 2022
Australia
I really hope it is because a really good luthier friend did all the work and replaced the original nut which was in poor shape.
Guitar still hasn't arrived. 🙄

I was wondering if you had any work done on the pots/wiring/internals whilst the other work was being done?

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Guitar still hasn't arrived. 🙄

I was wondering if you had any work done on the pots/wiring/internals whilst the other work was being done?
No, just the change to Powertrons. I'm pretty sure the pots, input jack and the original wiring are still as original. If he did any internal wiring replacement he didn't charge me for it.