NGD: 4Tus White Falcon!

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
That’s such a cool guitar. Please don’t think I’m being presumptuous, but I noticed something about your case. Do you see the indentations from the strings in the fleece on the top? I have that in the case for my Gretsch. Over time, the pressure on the strings caused fret wear under the low E string on the 10th fret. I restrung my Telecaster last night and noticed unexpected wear a few places on the neck from the tweed case. My suggestion is to stop by an eyeglass store and get a few microfiber wipes and insert them between the strings and the frets before you close the top. I use the same wipes to wipe the neck first. Your strings will last a little longer too. The wipes are free. Strings are cheap. A refret or even a level and crown is expensive and all luthiers aren’t created equal.

Cool guitar. Enjoy it for a long long time.

Last edited:

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
@Emergence,

Thanks for the great tip, never thought of that. I have seen customers use dryer sheets between the string and frets, to protect the frets and reduce the foul stench from some cases. At times the coating from the dryer sheets can cause a gunk build up, so I suggested using used dryer sheets, but I like your idea better.

BCRatRod73

Synchromatic
Sep 1, 2020
Mississippi
That’s such a cool guitar. Please don’t think I’m being presumptuous, but I noticed something about your case. Do you see the indentations from the strings in the fleece on the top? I have that in the case for my Gretsch. Over time, the pressure on the strings caused fret wear under the low E string on the 10th fret. I restrung my Telecaster last night and noticed unexpected wear a few places on the neck from the tweed case. My suggestion is to stop by an eyeglass store and get a few microfiber wipes and insert them between the strings and the frets before you close the top. I use the same wipes to wipe the neck first. Your strings will last a little longer too. The wipes are free. Strings are cheap. A refret or even a level and crown is expensive and all luthiers aren’t created equal.

Cool guitar. Enjoy it for a long long time.
Cases are for transporting a guitar. Leaving a guitar out of the case encourages one to play it. If a person is afraid of putting scratches, dings, and dents on his guitar he might as well not even have a guitar to play. Scratches, dings, and dents are inevitable. Enjoy the character marks as they do tell a story.

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Cases are for transporting a guitar. Leaving a guitar out of the case encourages one to play it. If a person is afraid of putting scratches, dings, and dents on his guitar he might as well not even have a guitar to play. Scratches, dings, and dents are inevitable. Enjoy the character marks as they do tell a story.
My suggestion wasn't about scratches and dings. It's about a way to avoid unnecessary fret wear. Most of us have a few guitars and of necessity, some of them get put away in their case until the next time they're played. The story oddball fret wear tells is about an owner who hasn't taken suitable care of his gear.

Glaw

Gretschie
Aug 30, 2017
ca.
Doesn’t get any better than a Falcon in my opinion. I’d love to try a thin double cut one. Great purchase, congrats!!!

BCRatRod73

Synchromatic
Sep 1, 2020
Mississippi
My suggestion wasn't about scratches and dings. It's about a way to avoid unnecessary fret wear. Most of us have a few guitars and of necessity, some of them get put away in their case until the next time they're played. The story oddball fret wear tells is about an owner who hasn't taken suitable care of his gear.
I see your point. Good to know if and when I do buy a Gretsch with a case. I don’t even have a case for any of my guitars. They’re either hanging on the walls or in the rack.

tolm

Gretschie
Jan 25, 2016
UK
Awesome!! Picked up one myself recently and they really are stellar, aren’t they?! Perfect combination of showy-yet-understated and the tweaked pickups sound great to me.

Congrats!!