NGD 2007 Gretsch G6121-FTW Roundup only 60 made

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by rcboals, Apr 26, 2013.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    G6121-FTW cowboy case and all. I'm pretty excited about this I had a 2006 G6121 Nashville Jet with TV Jones basically same guitar as this but without the Western Motif steers and cactus and no G brand. This is just absolutely mint and 100% original stll has plastic wrap on the plastic covers. Still haven't sold my silver jet 6129T but no hurry. I was showing a friend of mine the new Roundup and he says to my wife, "did you see Raye's new guitar?" She stuck her head in the room looked at my guitar wall and said, "which one is it?" She's come along way from "why did you buy another guitar, you have enough guitars, what do you need another one for?" :D

Attached Files:

2. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    Super cool!!! love it!!! congrats & enjoy!!!

3. J.Banning

J.Banning Gretschie

Feb 15, 2013
    Lodi California USA
    Beautiful guitar... congrats! I think I still have quite a few years before I get that reaction from my wife.

4. johnnyguitar

johnnyguitar Country Gent

Jul 10, 2009
    Canada
    I've had a thing for these 6121's for a while.

Nice find, congrats

5. Woody94

Woody94 Electromatic

May 7, 2012
    Holly, Mi
    Congrats! I really dig these..

6. Nvr Enough Guitars

Nvr Enough Guitars Electromatic

Apr 20, 2013
    Indiana
    I get the same thing from my wife. Also Beautiful guitar, and remember you can Never Have Enough Guitars!

7. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Very nice congrats

8. Krisjan

Krisjan Gretschie

Mar 4, 2013
    Illinois
    Wow, that's a nice git!

9. calvin lee

calvin lee Country Gent

Jan 5, 2011
    new york
    does it have the leather around the body?? more pictures!!

10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Beautiful guitar, Raye. Congratulations! FTW, is that FilterTron Western? Didn't the standard Roundups have DynaSonics? And yes, I'm curious about the leather around the body too.

11. 6stings

6stings Friend of Fred

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
    Now you are ready for the Roundup! Happy G Branded Day!!!

12. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Oh ya Baby! Congrats Raye.

13. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Congratulations that is a stunner. I have the same 2006 6121 with TV jones pickups that you had and its a great guitar, but this has it beat for looks to be sure. Never knew they produced these without Dynas. Very cool.

14. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Yes leather around the body here is a pic. Only weak link in this guitar is the stock bridge so it had to go. The stock bridge is a Gretsch Adjusto Matic Gretsch name for a Tune O Matic. I have swapped it for the Bar bridge see pic. The Adjusto Matic string spacing is narrower and the Gretsch bar Bridge spacing is right on with pickup pole pieces.

Attached Files:

15. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    Congrats and welcome to the roundup club. I really enjoy mine. I'm sure you'll love it!

image-3457289804.jpg

16. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Congrats Raye!
    Damn I love those Roundups!

17. I'm reviving this very old thread to provide some FYI info I just got from Gretsch regarding my G6121-FTW with the pups labeled "US patent 2892371" and a serial number of JT07072198, that according to this site was during the limited production runs.
    http://gretschpages.com/guitars/models/6121-ftw/

However, because I was still not sure exactly what I had, I wrote Gretsch with this the above info for my FTW, and I got the following back from Gretsch for my particular guitar, when I asked about the "60 or less made" and what/were mine was WRT those.
    As indicated ... I provided both the serial number and the pups labeling info to Gretsch.
    It is somewhat curious that my serial number puts it built in July of 2007, but according to Gretsch, not "completed" until Dec. of 2007. (???)
    I've asked for some clarification on that.

Anyway ... Gretsch's reply to my inquiry:

"That model is not part of the 60, as those were individually serialized as #1, #2, etc. This one has a standard "JT" Serial number prefix. Regardless, even including the 60, there were only a little over 100 made of the FTW.

Serial number JT07072198 comes back as a G6121FTW Chet Atkins Solid Body, completed 12/2007.

All the pickups for those models were still TV Jones made pickups some just didn't have his name on them like his current pickup sets do. It was a special partnership for that model.

Regards-

Chase Miller

Representative, Consumer Relations /U.S. Direct
    Sales

Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
    17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100

I know that there are ... or at least were, advertisements for some FTW that had JT prefixes and typical serial numbers from 2007, that are evidently 'not' from the 60, but instead apparently from the "little over 100 made".
    I think that the people advertising them as from the 60 made (which were apparently numbered sequentially and with no JT prefix) that do have JT numbers, are either honestly mistaken, or just trying to use it as a benefit ploy, as I'm not sure it's a major value difference thing at this time, but that's just my guess. :)

As far as the pup labeling, there are some made by TV Jones that were not labeled "TV Jones" on various different Gretsch Prolines.
    My White Falcon LTV is a good example of that, It has TV Jones pups but are labeled with "US patent 2892371".

Here are some shots of my G-6121-FTW Chet Atkins solid body ...

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg auau3qph1mlvh4br7s5b.jpg laybr1qv8rdk5u9ppgwj.jpg

I hope somebody doing a google search for these guitars will stumble across this, and that it might help them if looking to buy or sale a FTW. :)

18. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Very beautiful, congretschulations.

Flyer91 likes this.
  19. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Thanks Flyer91 for sharing this. So, to clarify what Gretsch have "clarified", they built an unspecified amount just over 100 FTWs with these specs and of those they did a run of an unspecified amount not more than 60 with a different, sequential numbering on the headstock.
    Surely they must have decided to do something different on those 60 beyond just changing the numbering system???? And if they are sequentially numbered they must know exactly how many they built in that special run? Its an absolutely gorgeous gorgeous guitar. And what a great pair it makes with what i assume is the 6120 Dsw (?). Congrats

Flyer91 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.