NGD… just when i thought i was DONE!

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
Hey! You stole me the guitar I wanted to buy!!!! :D
Congrats, it’s a beauty. I’m on the lookout myself but my budget it’s still too low to think about something that’s not a steal on somebody
I’ve always thought about a Duo Jet first, but these Power Jets are really good looking (and less expensive for what I see on the net). Maybe it would be the way to go too.
Enjoy it mate. I know you will!

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Hey! You stole me the guitar I wanted to buy!!!! :D
Congrats, it’s a beauty. I’m on the lookout myself but my budget it’s still too low to think about something that’s not a steal on somebody
I’ve always thought about a Duo Jet first, but these Power Jets are really good looking (and less expensive for what I see on the net). Maybe it would be the way to go too.
Enjoy it mate. I know you will!
Yeah the Power Jets seem always a little cheaper than the duo jets, they dont hold their value on the used market. And i had one a few years back but i didnt bond with the sound of the powertrons. This one LOOKS exactly like a power jet but it is in fact a 2016 factory stock duo jet with HS Filtertrons. Just another little quirky blip in the endless catalogue of quirky blips from the Gretsch product line.

Runamok

Country Gent
I didnt mean to, honest i didnt. I couldnt help myself.
2016 case queen g6128t.
I’d had a 6128 TVP powerjet before but it was just a bit too dark for my writing. Not quite Gretsch enough.
Arrived today and got acclimatized for a few hours.
They need to make a model with joysticks instead of toggles. For gamers.
Or put mil-spec safety covers on the toggle switches: That’s how you recognized pilots & engineers who play guitar.

(Doctors & Lawyers we already know — are recognizable for playing PRSs). ;)

Last edited:

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
The jets. View attachment 174194
I feel like the 6128 gets me into a few beefy spaces that the dynasonics couldnt reach.
And heres the Black beauties. Im expecting that these would be the ones i’d gig with if and when i get out there again. The 6120 has been the cornerstone of how i hear “my” sound, and the 6128 i hope will be a good counterpoint to it.
View attachment 174195
Just played around with it for a half an hour to get the intonation right and to check the electronics. Dang its just what i hoped it would be…. Especially through the Nocturn pedals.
which 6120 is this? de?