NewGretschDay

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by LittleLeroyJet, Nov 30, 2012.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    That's the best Jet sparkle finish I have ever seen. Huge congrats, LLJ!

2. Red Elrond

Red Elrond Electromatic

Apr 9, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Does Duncan make all the dynasonics on the Masterbuilt Gretsches? I just picked up a sparkle jet from Rainbow.

3. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Welcome aboard & congrats on your new-found Jetiness! :D ...to answer your question, yes, I believe so.

4. Red Elrond

Red Elrond Electromatic

Apr 9, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. That make three current Gretsches for me. Sparkle Jet, LTV White Penguin and Billy Bo Falcon.

5. LittleLeroyJet

LittleLeroyJet Electromatic

Nov 17, 2012
    Santa Fe
    I thought i'd add an update to the thread.
    I only had the guitar a few days before I had to send it back to Stephen Stern at the Gretsch Masterbuilt shop. The truss rod was broken and needed replacement.

The really bad news was that it would be 3 months (!!) before I'd get her back. The REALLY GOOD NEWS is that Mr. Stern built a new neck - a nice hefty 50's carve - and put in gorgeous huge 6100 frets. This was done at no cost to me and with overnight shipping in both directions.

I've had her back for about a week and WOW, better than ever. Stephen and his crew at the Masterbuilt shop did a amazing job and this Jet feels just like my '56 Jet Firebird, only better. The big frets have improved the sustain and make it super easy to bend strings. So glad to have her back!

Hats off to Troy Benns at Wildwood Guitars in Colorado for facilitating the repairs and shipping. I highly recommend him and Wildwood.

Rock on,
    Little Leroy

6. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
  7. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Wow. Quite a story. So sorry for the aggravation but great to hear how wonderfully WW and Stephen Stern treated you. You now have a guitar with a real story behind it. As I think I said before, if you ever decide to sell, please gimme first shot!

Congrats again!

8. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    That's special. Lucky you. Cheers

9. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    That's great news glad you are happy with it it's really a beautiful guitar I love the sparkle colors

10. midnight340

midnight340 Gretschie

Nov 29, 2012
    Lawrence, KS
    Ooooh, yes!!!!! Congrats!

11. black rose

black rose Gretschie

Oct 20, 2011
    Chicago
  12. JimmyB1982

JimmyB1982 Country Gent

Jul 5, 2012
    Saugus, CA
    ...New pics or it didn't "happen"? Hahaha!! Just a shameless ploy to see more pics of this beauty! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.