Newbie with G2655T

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by rockaphilly2655, Jun 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. rockaphilly2655

rockaphilly2655 Electromatic

Jun 23, 2020
    Planet Earth
    Sweet! The knobs look really nice. I'll have to consider that upgrade myself! I find the smaller body size more comfortable, for me. It's a really fun guitar to play.

Randy99CL and kjmac like this.
  2. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Gretschie

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I recently shopped for the chrome knobs all over and prices vary widely.
    Found these for $20 with free shipping, ordered and got them in just a couple of days. No affiliation, just a happy customer. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Chrome-Gretsch-Knobs/282877903543?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edit: I just received the knobs yesterday and realized I better install them before I recommend them to others. Yep, about 10 minutes to install and they are perfect!
    Small installation tip (but I don't know if it matters): the pots have the split and splined shafts and the knobs have set screws for solid shafts. I read/heard somewhere to install the set screws in line with the groove/split in the shaft, so the screw won't collapse one side of the shaft.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    rockaphilly2655 likes this.
  3. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Synchromatic

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Congratulations and welcome, you have unearthed one of the best hidden Gretsch secrets, these are an amazing value. When we got ours, we used a blind playing test with some friends, and they could not believe what you can get for less than $600. Love the color too, you have a great eye for value and color.

4. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Gretschie

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    G2622 Body 1A.JPG Yes, sign me up for the Gretsch Appreciation Society! I've got about a dozen guitars and the Gretsches really are special. When I bought my first, a G2622, I just couldn't put it down! Beautiful to look at, fantastic sound, fabulous fit and finish and even the f-hole air smells woody and homey, LOL! These things are way better than what they cost, one of the best values in guitars.

new6659 and rockaphilly2655 like this.
  5. bhatta

bhatta Electromatic

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Welcome and congrats! I recently got my first Gretsch, 2655, imperial stain!
    Enjoy yours!!
    From what I understand from the posts here, you never can stop at a single Gretsch! Love the thought:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.