New York 6131

ogilvie_6131

Electromatic
Aug 7, 2022
New York
Hey ya'll,

I've been dabbling on this thread for years, but decided to better understand my 6131 and thought it was time to join. I'm in NYC. I've had my 62' 6131 since, ummm, 2001?, 2002? Something like that. Fell in love with the thing in a pawnshop in Vancouver, BC and bought it the following week, the entire drive back all worried that it wouldn't be there. I'd like to get it into a bit better shape, wiring wise. Plays great, but my god, those capacitors must be original, the wiring and components must be original. People have clearly been in there and I wouldn't strongly recommend their work, whoever they are.

Anyways, hope to chat with some of you folks and contribute where I can. Glad to see some good ol' fashioned forums still in existence.

ogilvie_6131

Electromatic
Aug 7, 2022
New York
Hey ya'll,

I've been dabbling on this thread for years, but decided to better understand my 6131 and thought it was time to join. I'm in NYC. I've had my 62' 6131 since, ummm, 2001?, 2002? Something like that. Fell in love with the thing in a pawnshop in Vancouver, BC and bought it the following week, the entire drive back all worried that it wouldn't be there. I'd like to get it into a bit better shape, wiring wise. Plays great, but my god, those capacitors must be original, the wiring and components must be original. People have clearly been in there and I wouldn't strongly recommend their work, whoever they are.

Anyways, hope to chat with some of you folks and contribute where I can. Glad to see some good ol' fashioned forums still in existence.
Yup, photos to come.

BobYoshi

Electromatic
Aug 4, 2022
Port Coquitlam
Hey ya'll,

Welcome from Metro Vancouver (Port Coquitlam)