New (to me) 6118T coming tomorrow!

Fab4ever

Electromatic
Jan 14, 2011
Kirkwood, MO
Hey folks. After some determined gear selling (and searching,) I am finally -- finally! -- in position to purchase my most-lusted-after guitar -- a beautiful 6118T anniversary model. As best I can tell it's late 2003 model, and it's gorgeous! Original case and case candy, too!

Sorry no photo yet, but it's the green two-tone number. I'd been obsessing on them on eBay and finally found an auction in my area. When it didn't sell, I contacted the seller and we have eventually worked out the sale.

In more than 30 years of playing guitar, it's the most I've ever spent on a guitar -- $1,350 cash. But I think I'm really gonna love it!!!

Any 6118 owners out there want to further tantalize me by telling me what I can expect?

Fab4ever

Electromatic
Jan 14, 2011
Kirkwood, MO
I've very stoked. I'll play it mostly through a '74 Princeton Reverb or a newish AC15CC1 (bright mod, NOS tubes just completed). Simply cannot WAIT.

Fab4ever

Electromatic
Jan 14, 2011
Kirkwood, MO
Got it!

It's sweet... all stock, including the roller bridge (I think that's what they call it). Here's a pic -- I can see it and hope you can, too!

Almost too excited to type right now... Gee you'd think a 47-yr-old wouldn't get so giddy. It's the most money I've ever spent on a guitar, but it is SO worth it!

It's dirty and has old strings but plays and sounds SWEET.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 115

fraz

Synchromatic
Nov 21, 2010
New Jersey
Congrats on your new purchase. I've had lust over the same guitar for quite a while, and I just picked one up this week. Played mine tonight at a gig and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you will love yours as well. After all, it's a Gretsch!

Tony65x55

Gretschified
Sep 23, 2011
The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
Congrats on your new purchase. I've had lust over the same guitar for quite a while, and I just picked one up this week. Played mine tonight at a gig and absolutely loved it. I'm sure you will love yours as well. After all, it's a Gretsch!

No one believes you unless we get to see a picture. :)

It's in the rules.

Fab4ever

Electromatic
Jan 14, 2011
Kirkwood, MO
HA!

I played it at church this morning... stunning. It's the most perfect guitar I've found in 30 plus years of playing.

If anyone out there is on the fence about a 6118, believe me it's worth the plunge.

Fab4ever

Electromatic
Jan 14, 2011
Kirkwood, MO
Nice man! The bridge is a Space Control bridge and it's a tone sucker! Get a compton or tru-arc and your Annie will REALLY open up!

Yes yes of course it's a Space Control - I spaced on that one.

I will certainly choose a Compton or Tru-Arc and install it. I had one briefly on a Pro Jet and it didn't quite intonate because it the bridge position was non-adjustable. With a floating bridge I'm sure the change will pay off.

Latest posts