NEW Quilter SuperBlock US - 65 blackface, 61 brown/blonde, 57 tweed

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by ruger9, Apr 21, 2021.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Speaking only from my own experience, the base tone of the 101 Mini is solid. They've done a good job filling in the harmonic content of the signal, so it never sounds thin or sterile. Add a Junior Barnyard in front of a 101 Mini on the Tweed setting, and a bit of plate reverb in the FX loop...sublime.

capnhiho and dougmon like this.
  2. Mark W

Mark W Country Gent

Jun 6, 2008
    Central Florida
    I think I just read the Street Price on these Quilters is $249? If so - One US and one British. Just wish they had added trem.

pmac11 likes this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    cowmoo likes this.
  4. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I preordered mine from Sweetwater, they're guessing the middle of May. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds with all the weird stuff I will push through it.

5. dougmon

dougmon Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    I preordered from Sweetwater as well. I'm going to try to use it primarily for recording.

6. lathoto

lathoto Synchromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    Part of my job used to be to tell upper management that cheap, fast, and greasy will ultimately only get you half way home. Who is in charge of my tone these days? You guessed it, me. There is a reason why some people, who play guitar, effortlessly gravitate to certain equipment. Here is my short list and then the rant is over:

1. G6134
    2. 6G15
    3. 5F2A
    4. EVM12L
    5. Colour Box V2 (among others)

I'm not buying it.

7. michelb

michelb Synchromatic

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    gotta check those out :p

8. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Gretschie

Dec 29, 2012
    Aberdeen
    These look great, just wondering if 25 Quilter watts will handle a small club gig unmiked...

9. Byron

Byron Country Gent

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    Lots of good things about the Superblock US, including the price. Includes reverb too and may keep up with a drummer, depending on speakers of course. I found the 61 bassman setting a little brash but the tweed and blackface were great and more my style anyway. Tempted

Hammerhead likes this.
  10. jefgat7

jefgat7 Electromatic

Jun 6, 2021
    USA
    Absolutely. There is also reason guitarists try products out before deciding to buy or not.
    Different approaches.

11. jefgat7

jefgat7 Electromatic

Jun 6, 2021
    USA
    Yes. Depending on whether the band has the good sense to keep sane stage volumes - or just make as much noise as possible...

Hammerhead likes this.
  12. jefgat7

jefgat7 Electromatic

Jun 6, 2021
    USA
    ...Compared to what? The Superblock's volume output is on par with that of a typical 25 watt tube amp. If you drop a Boost/preamp in front...Whoa!

Ricochet likes this.
  13. jefgat7

jefgat7 Electromatic

Jun 6, 2021
    USA
    Not all...

14. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Well call me a hard marker but I'm unimpressed with this Quilter :D
    Having 3 clean Fender amps in the Quilter is pretty much 3 of the same thing.

Vox MC50 AC is cheaper, smaller, has more gain on tap with Nu-tube and does a Vox 50w.
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MV50AC--vox-mv50-ac-50-watt-hybrid-tube-head

Run it thru a 12 inch alnico speaker and MC50 AC sounds very similar to an AC15.
    It's plenty loud enough to gig with.
    The Quilter does have IR's and reverb that I'd never use but I'd much rather have 50w and more gain on tap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.