New Pedals This Week

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Gretschtim1, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Just tested out my new Tone Bender pedals.
    After watching That Pedal Show about all the different variations I went searching and found a few good ones.
    The Twin Bender made in Minn. USA. It features their take on the MK 1.5 & Mk 2 versions.
    There are a lot of tones to be had with this box. Watch some of the YouTube videos to get the Idea.
    My favorite out of the two is made to order by the Del Rey Custom Shop in California.
    This thing sounds very true to the sounds as heard on 60s Jeff Beck and Mick Ronson records.
    It's very touch sensitive and sounds great with both humbuckers and single coils. I was even able to get really close to the guitar sound on Satisfaction and the fuzz bass on The Beatles Think For Yourself. On the neck pickup with the tone rolled off you can nail the lead tone to American Woman. It sustains for days and sounds really close to the original MK 1 Tone Bender featured on the That Pedal Show episode and that's saying something. I paid Del Rey an extra $10 for the OC75 transistor and I'm glad I did. This is now my favorite vintage 60s style fuzz box. I'm gonna get in touch with Del Rey to tell them how much I love it. IMG_0925.JPG

2. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Very cool! congrats on finding the right pedal(s) for you.

3. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Luv NPD Threads ...Congrats and enjoy

4. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    any chance to see under the hood? :D I love checking out how they put together these old school circuit builds.

5. larryr

larryr Synchromatic

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    I had the Twinbender, it was a wonderful fuzz. Del Rey has been on the radar for a while for a Fuzzrite down the road. Congrats on 2 stellar builds.

6. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Good idea. I'll take some pictures.

7. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Here you go. The more modern looking one is the Twin Bender.
    The Del Rey is the vintage looking wiring job. IMG_0927.JPG IMG_0928.JPG

Ricochet, SpaceCowboy and audept like this.
  8. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Electromatic

Aug 16, 2019
    Austin
    Those are great, thanks for the pics!! It looks like you've got all the Tone Bender options covered with these. Del Ray doin it on stripboard for the real flavah! External bias on the mkI is a nice option. Every time I get mine out I feel like I need to open it up and tweak it a little, dialing that circuit in is still like sorcery to me.

Gretschtim1 likes this.
  9. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Yeah you're right. Putting the Bias control on top the pedal really allows you to dial in those germanium transistors. They always sound better when it's hot in the room. Without easy access to the bias control it's a bit harder. When it's cold you can always let one of those little portable heaters blow on it...:).

SpaceCowboy likes this.
  10. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I saw a pedal recently that had a extra light to let you know when the transistor is "ready". Can't remember the pedal though.

Gretschtim1 likes this.
  11. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Sounds like pure snake oil to me……. ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.