New, not just to Gretsch, but electric guitars.

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by FireSpeaker128, Jul 26, 2020.

1. tolm

tolm Gretschie

Jan 25, 2016
    UK
    Lovely guitar and welcome to the forum!

Don’t know much about worship music but I believe the guy from Hillsong has a signature Jackson Ampworks head based on the Vox AC EL84 platform so an AC15 (valve) or AC15VR (solid state) may be up your street?!

FireSpeaker128 likes this.
  2. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Synchromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I'm new to all this too, only been learning to play this year.
    When I researched what beginner amp to buy I stumbled onto the Fender LT-25 and am really glad did.

To me it kind of boils down to two options, a modern modeling amp or a tube amp with lots of pedals. Get the modeling amp if you: 1. don't know a lot about pedals and how they affect the sound or 2. don't want to invest thousands for an amp and some pedals.

Fender recently upgraded the software in the LT-25 and it now has 130 presets built in (all customizable) with 60 memory slots to save those we create ourselves.
    It's got something like 30 specific amp settings and every category of pedal type (usually multiple options) available, and each knob and setting on those is adjustable so the options are endless.
    This is perfect for me as I get to try all the different amps and pedals and experience and learn what all the options do without the expense of buying them. Many pedals alone cost more than the $150US the amp costs, thank you Fender!!

The LT-25, with it's 25 watts and 8" speaker may not be loud enough for playing out (unless it's miked) but it sounds fantastic at home.
    I'm hoping to start playing some open-mic nights next year and the Mustang GTX100 is probably all the amp I will ever need. It operates and functions the same as the LT-25 but with many more presets and options and 4x the power. $500 with a looper and everything built in and the reviews are fantastic. I may buy an EQ pedal but don't see a need for anything else.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Groutsch likes this.
  3. FireSpeaker128

FireSpeaker128 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas,USA
    Thanks

4. FireSpeaker128

Jul 26, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas,USA

Thanks

5. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    Gorgeous guitar, congratulations!

FireSpeaker128 likes this.
  6. FireSpeaker128

Jul 26, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas,USA
    What type of "roller bridge' are you considering, and what types are available?

7. FireSpeaker128

Jul 26, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas,USA
    I think I'm leaning towards the Boss Katana II 100w. we will be playing outside venues next spring and I want the power option.

8. FireSpeaker128

Jul 26, 2020
    Fort Worth, Texas,USA

I've wanted one since I was 12. And it appears that Gretsch is almost the official guitar of modern P&W music. Every video, you can see at least one.

Groutsch likes this.
  9. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Synchromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I've not researched roller bridges and the few times they've been mentioned here on the forum the reviews seem to be mixed. Most of the bridges that are recommended (roller or fixed) are expensive. Do a search.
    I'm on a tight budget and bought an import bridge that seems to be of good quality. I have to sand the base to fit the guitar and after I fit it and use it for a while I'll write a review.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.