New Matchless Day! Along with ol' faithful.

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by acousticplays, Mar 25, 2016.

1. shrews824

shrews824 Country Gent

Feb 22, 2016
    Hardinsburg, Kentucky
    Great looking amp and guitar. I've only ever played through a Matchless Chieftain and that was only for about 10 minutes.... but I loved it!!!

2. acousticplays

acousticplays Gretschie

Jan 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    That Lightning must be pretty hard to carry around. Good choice on the casters on the case though!

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    "Matchless"? Looks like a pretty good match to me...

4. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Country Gent

Nov 29, 2010
    Swindon UK
    No it's not too hard to carry on its own, at least for short distances. What you see in the pic is the amp sitting in the wheeled part of its flight-case. On a gig, this sits in the inverted top part, making a perfect amp stand. You can see it behind me here:

[​IMG]

Roger49 likes this.
  5. Staggerlee

Staggerlee Country Gent

Jul 19, 2012
    Twin Cities
    I had the Spitfire and at 45 lbs its definitely not something you can carry around for too long. :)

6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo

that looks like a perfect rig!

7. MatchlessMan

Nov 29, 2010
    Swindon UK
    It's all I need amp-wise. Didn't stop me buying a Swart for home use though ;)

8. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    You clearly have tolerant neighbours!

9. MatchlessMan

Nov 29, 2010
    Swindon UK
    Not my house, the clients had a moving-in party. The neighbours on one side were away, the rest all got invited to the party. It was nice and warm when that pic was taken, but once the sun went down I was frozen, despite a hoodie and a beanie.

10. Staggerlee

Staggerlee Country Gent

Jul 19, 2012
    Twin Cities
    That's why when I finally buy a house, it will be completely detach as far away from neighbors as possible. Not possible right now in New York City, where I live, but def possible in the rest of the USA. As I grow older, I dislike people more and more, especially if you are gonna come knocking on my door and telling me to turn the amp down.

Roger49 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.