New Gretsch G5420T bridge question

Country Member

Electromatic
Aug 20, 2014
Australia
Got a current model 5420 with the pinned bridge, and just wondering who has tried a TruArc bridge? If so, any intonation or fitting issues, or all sweet? I'm swinging between the GHS David Gilmour 10.5-50 or the 10-48 set strings., both of which are great.

ZackyDog

Friend of Fred
Feb 6, 2015
In the USA
I have a non-rocking TruArc on my G6122-1962; love it. I just set the intonation on the A and B strings (as opposed to E and E) and it seems to work OK. I used some cello rosin to secure it.

ZackyDog

Friend of Fred
Feb 6, 2015
In the USA
I use a brass one since I'm trying to replicate George Harrison's early Beatle tones. I'm pretty sure that his original '62/'63 Country Gentleman had a brass bar bridge.

Joey L

Synchromatic
Jun 24, 2016
White Plains, NY
I tried a Compton on my new 5420 and intonation was out on every string. I love the sustain with these solid bridges, but could not use unless I unpinned the bridge, which I did not want to do. I ended up using a high quality Roller bridge with a 12 degree radius, which works great and I ronates perfectly.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I have two Tru-Arcs. Talk to Tim "Proteus" Harmon, the proprietor, and he'll get you squared away. Member Wayne "workknot" Compton makes a fine product as well. Both are better than a rattle-o-matic.