New EV Evolve 50M Ordered...

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by GreatGretsch, Jan 24, 2021.

1. GreatGretsch

GreatGretsch Country Gent

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    Well...With solo gigs well outnumbering band gigs the need to upgrade my PA was necessary. I’m playing larger venues where I’d normally have my band. Outdoor and others solo gigs are already being booked for the upcoming summer. My Bose L1 Compact needed an additional speaker to fill the room or playing outdoor jobs. I bought the new Bose L1 Pro16 because of my years of gigs, rehearsals and practicing at home without a single issue....but the Bose L1 Pro 16 was defective. It had a high pitch (8.5K) ring/hum that drove me nuts. I went to exchange it for another but it also had the same problem. I tried it before leaving the store....soooo I purchased the EV Evolve 50...fantastic sound and much better construction but limited channels and mixing. A couple days later the Evolve 50M was released. The same system with 8 inputs, multiple effects, and a great mixing app. I exchanged (paid the difference) for the 50M. Now the wait begins for the back ordered 50M ;)...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    GlenP and wabash slim like this.
  2. lathoto

lathoto Synchromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    EV makes great stuff.

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    No comparison between the two systems in my book. I've never been a fan of Bose products, especially for their cost. Having grown up near the EV factory (my Dad worked there in the late '40s) I am a fan. I've never had an EV product fail on me in 40+ years of industrial sound use.

Of course, they both are column speakers---anyone remember the '60s?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    GreatGretsch likes this.
  4. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    Not much information out there yet, but here are a couple videos...

GlenP likes this.
  5. GreatGretsch

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    2322CB38-96B4-490B-8534-C37A7597EA21.jpeg 750AF21C-5BA1-4902-BD42-BA42C8970BE6.jpeg 750AF21C-5BA1-4902-BD42-BA42C8970BE6.jpeg Screenshot of the Pro16 ringing from my real time frequency analyzer

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.