New 2021 Gretsch Models!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by lordhelmet, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’d imagine this 89 Jet has the same routing as other recent Jets. Add to it the classic and classic plus and it’s likely a winner to anyone who likes the looks. My first 99 Jet had the big headstock and everything. I dig the looks but I was born way after the originals 50’s Jets. So the attraction for me could be that this is the Jet I noticed before vintage or vintage correct ones.

JC higgy, G5422T and Chmason85 like this.
  2. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Nothing in the new Gretsch or Fender line up that really grabs me.

Scott and Chmason85 like this.
  3. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Synchromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I love P-90s and am glad to see them in more models but I don't like the looks of the rings. As others said, I bet those rings are to full in the HB routings.
    The paint schemes on those don't do much for me either.

I'm glad I bought my 2020 G2622T P-90 SE when I had the chance. No pickup rings.

4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    ratrods are budget hotrods, so theyve always been the same 2.5" that the hotrods are. Although the hotrods had one variant that moved them to 2.75" thick but have returned to 2.5" which is what the 1960 6120 that setzer has fawned over from day one. even though he likes to call it a 59'

Chmason85 likes this.
  5. macdog

macdog Gretschie

Dec 25, 2014
    Melbourne
    No Princess or Peppermint Twist! I am shattered!

drmilktruck likes this.
  6. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    I wish they would make a 55 silver jet for the VS series and lightly tint the silver top and do the same aging the rest of the VS jets have.

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I just want the Penguins and maybe a 7120 or Falcon someday. But that white Penguin is just so beautiful! I do like the Koa Penguin but would much rather have a Koa Martin Jumbo!

8. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    But maybe the older models will go on clearance sales to make room for the new, one can hope.

radd likes this.
  9. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    A reissue of a poorly done reissue! I'm not a huge fan of the 80's. I've been looking out for a gold sparkle top for ages, but one with the proper 50s headstock.

new6659, Scott and Chmason85 like this.
  10. Tadhg

Tadhg Gretschie

Aug 8, 2019
    Qld - Australia
    Yep. Trouble is... Those traditionalists aren't getting any younger. So if Gretsch doesn't broaden its appeal, it'll have no customers in 20 years. It's not like the styles have traditionally kept Gretsch alive are booming.

I think the new budget models look great. The 2622T P90 looks fantastic. I love the staple pickups, and think the pickup surrounds actually look decent. It's a distinguishing trait compared to Gibsons. I generally can't stand bursts, but Forge Glow looks fantastic. The G5410T Tri Fives look awesome.

Stefan87 likes this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I need to look around and see an original '50s. I have no idea what headstock they had. My niggles are always tension bar Bigsby's. A corvette or beast are about the only ones I deal with that on. All the rest I can live with or change. Although I do not buy guitars anymore that don't have pickups I like but that is mostly normal I think. All the rest I can deal with. adjustable bridge I would change to bar most likely but not absolutely and a stop bar for the trial doesn't bother me a lot I just prefer the Gretsch tail mounted piece better but not a deal breaker. I also think they need some newer models to keep the company going just don't forego the original tastes completely.

12. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Looks like rosewood fretboard with Filtertrons. Another pass from me.

13. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    No Corvette? But I like the sunburst finish on the 5622, and I am tempted to take a look at all the different Jets...

14. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    [​IMG]

15. THISISDINOSAUR

THISISDINOSAUR Electromatic

Oct 21, 2019
    London
    Do we know when stores will receive these models yet? I don’t think anyone has last years models yet (at least no one seems to have seen the magpie)

16. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    No electro Billy Bo!

Tadhg, Stefan87 and SAguitar like this.
  17. NYJim

NYJim Electromatic

Nov 17, 2020
    New York
    I've had my eye on the lookout for a rosewood guitar and this Tenny fits the bill, but I'd prefer a solid rosewood body, not laminated. If I can get a discount on the price, I'll pull the trigger, but all inquiries are firm since the guitar is new and limited. If I can't get my price, I'll wait until April when most are expected to be in stock and see if I can get a good deal then. If not, then I can live without it. :cool:

[​IMG]

ZackyDog likes this.
  18. BentFX

BentFX Electromatic

Dec 15, 2020
    Pacific NW, USA
    There's confusion... Gretsch site says 2.5", but most retailers said 2.25" (zZounds - "Premium features include a thinner 2.25" body for maximum playing comfort during long sets...")

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  19. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

That was just discussed in a recent thread about the new 5410. It depends on where it is measured if I remember correctly. At the edge by the tail piece of Bigsby they are 2.25”. The top of course is not flat, that would account for a thicker measurement there.

BentFX likes this.
  20. BentFX

BentFX Electromatic

Dec 15, 2020
    Pacific NW, USA
    Yeah I saw that thread, but measuring the body thickness on any archtop is going to be confusing if you're not measuring in the same place. It's not unique to the 5410. Here though, we've got what should be authoritative sites giving different numbers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.