New 2021 Gretsch Models!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by lordhelmet, Jan 11, 2021.

1. JLD4133

JLD4133 Country Gent

May 10, 2011
    Mequon, WI
    They look very reminiscent of the pick-up rings on the new Fender "Magico Telecaster."

2. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    Hahaha

Bertotti likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Wait untill they add a poker chip around all the switches!

SAguitar and Chmason85 like this.
  4. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    ...the model will also complement the Floyd Rose with a hex-screw locking nut. Other features for the model will also include a super-jumbo frets on a scalloped fretboard, a day-glo lemon/chartreuse zebra-lightning pattern color scheme, and a pair of commemorative Gretsch silver spandex pants with a bright red "pleather" jacket are also included in the deal, along with a year's supply of hairspray.

While other new Gretsch models are focused on capturing Gibson buyers, the Triple jet that @Chmason85 mentioned will be aimed squarely at buyers stuck in the '80's hair metal scene who regularly purchase Dean an ESP instruments. :p:D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. mschafft

mschafft Synchromatic

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
    Speyside is an interesting color:
    [​IMG]

mjm0, ZackyDog, Chmason85 and 2 others like this.
  6. Duo Slinger

Duo Slinger Gretschie

Sep 11, 2020
    California, USA
    Orange Lite

ZackyDog likes this.
  7. michelb

michelb Synchromatic

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    that is one sweet looking falcon :eek:

8. Chmason85

Chmason85 Synchromatic

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    I heard it’s also gonna have active EMG pickups, so with a nod to vintage we will get even heavier chambering to fit the batteries, and it will have a new generation of the robot tuners!

The rat rod is also getting a proline sibling for 2022 I heard, the Chet Ratkins

9. lordhelmet

lordhelmet Electromatic

Apr 5, 2020
    Germany
    Too bad Joe Carducci went into his well deserved retirement. I'm gonna miss his enthusiasm and personality when they present the new models. :(

BentFX, macdog, Scott and 5 others like this.
  10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I view the Gretsch brand as attempting to stay more true to its historical designs that work. Which truth be told is a safer and wiser bet for them. Think about how many posts you’ve likely read with complaints about a V stop tailpiece, Broad’Trons (despite by some who’ve never played them), or even on a specific Bigsby type. Gretsch customers by large in part don’t want a revolutionary or different design. The majority of the Gretsch fan base want the traditional formula.

11. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    To comment on the new line up, I like the Tri-Five, Penguin, and Falcon. The 89 Jet is cool too and nice to see. I had sent Joe Carducci a request to pass along the suggestion for a limited run in the rare black sparkle last year. I guess it didn’t make the cut. :(

It should be interesting to hear the P90 models. If anyone hadn’t noticed they’re staple pole pieces. And it’ll be interesting to see better photos of these new guitar colors. The stock Gretsch site photos are always the worst and typically don’t do them justice. I don’t understand why they don’t realize better photos helps create more GAS in people and possibly increased sale numbers.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  12. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Really, this is the only new model that stuck out, and got me thinking.

If it had the Vintage "V" neck profile, I would be highly considering cutting loose a guitar to get this.

Dang close, but still very NICE.

radd and ZackyDog like this.
  13. Teledriver

Teledriver Synchromatic

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    Anyone know what in the current Gretsch catalog is on the way out? And, I wonder which of these new models will last a few years or be around the longest. You guys think the P90s will stick around -maybe just one or two models of them?

14. SAguitar

SAguitar Gretschie

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    Looks like a nice selection for 2021. The Tri-Five has my interest!

[​IMG]

ffc65, GlenP, Scott and 1 other person like this.
  15. Nubs

Nubs Electromatic

Sep 10, 2019
    Houston, TX
    Oh we can order any model and color we want, as long as we have the money. Talkin about affordable options for us.

it's the same old paradox. Manus don't make a ton because "they don't sell", but how are they supposed to sell if you don't make them? So they play it safe and offer us boring, generic options (if any at all). So those sit on the shelves, not necessarily because there aren't any lefties to play them, but because THEY'RE EVERYWHERE AND BORING and lefties are tired of COMMON, BORING GUITARS.

You can't base potential future sales off existing models no one wants. But that's how they justify not making more models to us. And we're supposed to be thankful for the crappy models we get.

Sigh. I don't know why I'm getting all amped up about this. I don't even play guitar anymore. I guess it's because I'm sick as a lefty of us getting the shaft year after year.

Cazza64 and Stefan87 like this.
  16. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Which is why this lefty has always played guitar right-handed. But then again, I'm more ambidextrous than left-dominant. I write, eat, bat and golf left handed, everything else I do right-handed. That's both a blessing and a curse.

ZackyDog likes this.
  17. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    I'd have been all over the Gold jet, but that headstock! What were they thinking?

Chmason85 likes this.
  18. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The 6129t-89? What's wrong with the headstock? I kind of like it.

Chmason85 likes this.
  19. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    If i'm honest ,back in 1989 when Gretsch came back,i was glad to see new guitars but was at the same time disappointed, in that they used 70's Baldwin shapes for 50's /60's flavored models.

I didn't buy one for 9 years,and only when they were getting blown out at huge discounts.

Of the few Jets that i personally played back then, i didn't like them much.

Scott and Chmason85 like this.
  20. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
    Weren't the previous Rat Rods 2.25" thick? Looks like they're beefing them up a bit here.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.