Need guitar hanger?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by pilgrim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    I love them. I did have to find a stud to hang a Gretsch

2. ishtar

ishtar Country Gent

3. patrickjcrum

patrickjcrum Gretschie

Nov 4, 2008
    Ohio

+1 Definately don't want to rely on drywall anchors! What I did was cut a 1X6 piece of rough cut pine to the length of my wall, then mounted it to studs with drywall screws. that way I could space the guitars as I saw fit. It also gave me somewhere to put small things like a slide and capo and a hanger for cables

[​IMG]

4. jbcallender

jbcallender Gretschie

Nov 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I have four Hercules Hangers on the wall and they are very strong and a quality product. I have the ones that have a long arm on them so I can angle the guitars.

5. fletch

fletch Country Gent

Oct 19, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Everything there for a good gig...
    Guitars, stomp boxes, leads, capos, amps, Colt Peacemaker....
    Huh?

6. the_undecided_one

the_undecided_one Electromatic

Mar 4, 2010
    Sandpoint, ID
    well, just in case the zombie hordes care to join!

7. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    That looks great.

I did the same thing 40 years ago, used a 1X12 with wooden dowels.
    Yours looks so much nicer.

8. patrickjcrum

patrickjcrum Gretschie

Nov 4, 2008
    Ohio

LOL, I forgot those were there- it was part of a series of pics for a thread a while back about guns & Guitars.
    cheers!
    FWIW, the hangers are by fretrest- http://www.fretreststands.com/products/index.cfm?product=GH1WD

They are about 15 bucks at most guitar stores.
    :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. patrickjcrum

patrickjcrum Gretschie

Nov 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Thanks Pilgrim! My Wife disarees though...Says she thinks she lives in a studio. I often have to gently remind her that although we've been married for 20 years, I've had that Strat for 25!! LOL! Strangely, she doesn't always get my humor....:)

10. gfnk357

gfnk357 Gretschie

Oct 2, 2009
    lafayette
    The hercules hanger works great for my gretsch. I'd recommend putting it in a stud if you can. If you use drywall anchors use butterfly anchors, I've used them without a problem for my hangers that don't line up with a stud. By the time a butterfly anchor comes out of a wall your guitar is way too heavy anyway.

11. fletch

fletch Country Gent

Oct 19, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Patrick,
    JUMPIN' JEHOSEPHAT! That's some collection!
    Pardon my amazement, but in Australia, firearms are illegal (except, of course for muggers, thieves and gangbangers - THEY all seem to have 'em.)

But mean looking carbines and a SNIPER'S RIFLE? Crikey, mate that's heavy stuff.

12. the_undecided_one

Mar 4, 2010
    Sandpoint, ID
    just because its painted doesn't mean anything. looks like a great coyote rifle to me!

13. fletch

fletch Country Gent

Oct 19, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    Why would you have to paint a rifle (to look like a sniper's rifle) to hunt little dogs?

Dogs have keen hearing and an uncanny sense of smell, but their eyesight ain't all that sharp - not nearly good enough to recognise a rifle at a distance that requires the telescopic sight that's attached to that firearm.

Hey, I'm not criticising anything here. I believe in the right of a law abiding adult to own a firearm. I was just expressing amazement at the scope of Patrick's collection. I like his guitars as well... But we in Australia are (at least at present) still allowed to own guitars.

14. the_undecided_one

Mar 4, 2010
    Sandpoint, ID
    seems that a lot of varminters paint their rifles, just to help mask movement (I guess)

anywhoo, nice setup patrick!

15. patrickjcrum

patrickjcrum Gretschie

Nov 4, 2008
    Ohio
    LOL. It's actually a very small savage brand rifle in .17HMR with a 6X scope. We use it for "sniping" squirrels and rabbits. Anything bigger and that little round will just hurt it. :(

It's a really fun, flat shooting round for target too.

It's a shame that you folks in AUS were deprived of your rights to defend yourselves! I really do feel for you. When my mother's homeland (phillipines) was invaded they were helpless to stop it, and my grandfather was killed trying to bring food to the americans.

FWIW, at another member's suggestion, I removed the photo to prevent heat.
    Cheers,
    Pat

16. Bob M

Bob M Former Member

Try Red Head EZ Anchors. I use the 60 pound test ones and they are really secure. Easy to use. My 6120 has been hanging for a year. It's still there-

Guitars 004.jpg

17. Charlie Cash

Charlie Cash Gretschie

Jan 18, 2010
    Western Colorado
    Almost any guitar. Classical guitars, with wide necks, will not. I wouldn't trust a very heavy guitar, like a metal bodied resonator, in them either. But for everything else they are great. I agree with finding a stud or mounting them on a board that is attached to studs. It may not be necessary, but you'll have more peace of mind.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.