NDD

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by wabash slim, Aug 11, 2021.

1. rake_ether

rake_ether Gretschie

Aug 24, 2019
    Athens, GA USA
    It seems Great Pyrenees are great dogs but I had to dissuade my daughter from one as she lives in a small apartment and already has a 140lb. Husky (and cat and hamster).

2. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Congrats, dogs are great friends! But no pics? :eek:

3. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Yeah…you know the rules!!!

T Bone likes this.
  4. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats sir!

And all the best with the upcoming surgery too.

5. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Congrats on the new puppy, very few things bring more joy then animals in my opinion.

6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats on the demipuppy!

7. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Congratulations!
    Dogs make for unconditional friends.

8. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    The Berger des Pyrénées, in French - I suppose he looks like this below :

[​IMG]

Another name here given is the Patou. There are often flocks of sheep in transhumance around my house, and the Patous guard them night and day.

Usually there are 2 Patous and one donkey, and when I meet the shepherd, the Patous came to be caressed and scratched by me - but I never go to the Patous or the sheeps IF the shepherd himself is not here : they are guardians, not pets...

And they do their job well : I heard them bark loud in a deep voice, to discourage anybody to approach the herd over the fences : this is a clear warning that only idiots don't understand, at the risk of being attacked and bitten...

The donkey has his role too : he is instinctively followed by the flock of sheep so he acts as some kind of guide, and if something is supect, he also alerts loudly, especially against gangs of stray dogs, much more common than wolves or foxes here.

Congratulations @wabash slim... :) Somewhere, I envy you a little ! ;)

A+!

9. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Congrats on the new family member. Best wishes for a successful surgery.

10. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    I am very happy for you.
    We are missing our dog so bad.
    But because of my wife`s illness we decided on not getting a new one until she will get better.

blueruins likes this.
  11. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Wow! Awesome post @hcsterg

12. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Great news on your new companion!

You’ll be amazed by the cataract surgery! I had both eyes done last year - and both surgeries were delayed by COVID restrictions. I feel truly blessed that my vision was improved - better than it had been for almost 60 years!

wabash slim likes this.
  13. Thass

Thass Gretschie

Dec 29, 2019
    Palm Desert
    Congratulations. I can’t imagine life without dogs in them. Please post pictures soon. Enjoy. Stay well.

14. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That's what I'm hoping for. Been dealing with the blur for decades.

15. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    UPDATE:
    Looks like the dog will not be staying with us. He's a great dog, but, he bit my 5YO grandson (supposedly a Heeler trait) which makes his adoption untenable. Little man is OK, but terrified. Too bad, really. He's actually a great dog, aside from the biting/nipping issue. Breaks my heart. His stay was conditional, and that was the one thing we couldn't allow. He'd do fine if there weren't little kids and cats about. At least I haven't gotten too attached yet.

16. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

Sorry to hear about your Pyrenees. Up until two years ago we had a huge white dog that people would mistake for a Pyrenees. People would come over and say, "That's the biggest Pyrenees I've ever seen!" And I would say that's because that dog is a Kuvasz, not a Pyrenees. 190 pounds and stood 7 feet on his hind legs. Gentle dog but extremely protective of my wife. He was definitely "her dog". Never away from her side.

apollo2.jpg

new6659 likes this.
  17. LongJohn

LongJohn Synchromatic

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Good luck with the eye surgery, Mrs. LJ had both eyes done last year, and aside form the improved vision and clarity, she was amazed at color rendition. Seems the cataract is yellowish and dulls color and general vision .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.