name my rockabilly band contest

B-rad

Gretschie
Jan 11, 2009
Olympia Washington
I was searhing real hard for a name years ago and was looking thru some books and came across "The Sordid Mortals". It meant, of the earth or earthlings. From back in the grunge days.

RepentOrPerish

Synchromatic
Jun 4, 2008
Minnesota
Theres a couple a tunes on the myspace too...The first one is all Gretsch Special Jet on the leads and athe G100CE that Juke bought is the rhythm guitar.

The second tune is the G100CE again on rhythm and my Epiphone ES295 on the leads.

Hope you like them!

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Theres a couple a tunes on the myspace too...The first one is all Gretsch Special Jet on the leads and athe G100CE that Juke bought is the rhythm guitar.

The second tune is the G100CE again on rhythm and my Epiphone ES295 on the leads.

Hope you like them!
I was able to listen to "Dollar for Dancing", MySpace says that the other tune is currently unavailable. Nice tune, well done.

djphelan01

Electromatic
Jul 29, 2009
Watertown, CT
I didn't read through all 15 pages so I don't know if you picked a name yet so I'll post 1 or 2.

How about a play on the the word "rockabilly"?

Rockawilliams
Silly billys

Poppatwang

Synchromatic
Jun 2, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Hey Tony,

Listened to clips on your myspace page. Nicely done.
Good to see Wild Bill on the rebound. I was supposed to
share a gig w/his last band but it folded right before the show.

Hollywood

Electromatic
Sep 16, 2009
Ventura, California
The Gretsch Reapers

Hi.it's a tough thing to come up with an original, non-corny name for my band. If you can help, and we choose your name, I'll give you something pretty cool from my collection of guitar related knick knacks..

..we are a 3 piece (ala stray cats) band that leans actually more toward the "billy" than the "rocka".

The rules are simple....

1. No mention of the word "Cats" or "Kats"

2. No numerals or numbers.

3. Short and sweet. Not too many sylables.

4. Should start with "The" and end with a word that ends with the letter "S".

No names like " River of no Return" or something like that. Shheeessh.

If you have something cool, please give it a google and make sure it's not being used by , like, 3 bands and one has a Nashville record deal. We don't wwant any "cease and disist" letters.

I have a bunch of stuff, like a pair of gold dynas, a Bigsby B700, various straps and pedals.

C'mon Everybody, help a brudda out....

B-Moo

Gretschie
Sep 10, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I think the name's been picked - but anyone who wants them:

The Hard Candies
The Fightin' Irons

I know of only one rockabilly band, unless the Living End counts, so I wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about...

Latest posts