NAD

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Finally broke down and did it. So far, love this thing. Very sensible amplifier for a working musician, sounds fabulous, loads of features and really light. Again, sounds great! With the notched Master Volume would be ideal for those that play at home too.

View attachment 133572

I’m over the moon with mine. This is the amp that actually brought me back to amps. It is incredible imo.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
I have no doubt somebody's on YouTube posting A/B comparisons between these ToneMaster ones and the old tube jobs. But I gotta say, that back panel power attenuator is very interesting. Kind of wish my old '65 Reissue could do that ... Congrats on the new amp!

I could definitely see owning both!

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
Congrats, Robbie! I played through one at GC while killing some time by playing several guitars I wanted to hear, and I was completely surprised by how close the sound was to my Deluxe Reverb Reissue. It really made me think, but I guess I'm just not ready to part with my DRRI yet. I am keeping the DR Tone Master in mind, though.

Trash Kidd

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2015
London U.K.
Congrats.. I really am liking these amps.

One question. Being based on a mainly “Clean amp” Can you get a good overdriven sound at a not too loud volume? I’m not a fan of overdrive pedals, never found one I’ve really liked in 40 years of playing.
No master volume on these amps I believe?

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
I have no doubt somebody's on YouTube posting A/B comparisons between these ToneMaster ones and the old tube jobs. But I gotta say, that back panel power attenuator is very interesting. Kind of wish my old '65 Reissue could do that ... Congrats on the new amp!

I could definitely see owning both!

That’s where I am now, kept a 68 CDR. Going to run them together on stage sometime for the fun of it.

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
Congrats.. I really am liking these amps.

One question. Being based on a mainly “Clean amp” Can you get a good overdriven sound at a not too loud volume? I’m not a fan of overdrive pedals, never found one I’ve really liked in 40 years of playing.
No master volume on these amps I believe?

There is some debate as to whether or not the Output Power switch on the back is actually an Attenuator or a notched Master Volume. Fender refers to it as an Output Power switch. I’m thinking more along the lines of notched Master Volume. The lowest setting is pretty much a no go IMHO but I do like the 5 and 12 watt settings, and full power.
No issue getting a nice fat OD without a pedal. BTW, the tremolo/vibrato is outstanding.

Robbie

Friend of Fred
Jun 17, 2013
Sarnia Ontario Canada
These amps are real game changers imo.

100% Agreed. I don’t see tube amps getting replaced but I believe these amps will continue to cause a substantial paradigm shift in the amplifier market. For some reason I have really wanted to like these Amplifiers, and I have not been disappointed…not even a little.

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Feb 13, 2012
France
There is some debate as to whether or not the Output Power switch on the back is actually an Attenuator or a notched Master Volume. Fender refers to it as an Output Power switch. I’m thinking more along the lines of notched Master Volume. The lowest setting is pretty much a no go IMHO but I do like the 5 and 12 watt settings, and full power.
No issue getting a nice fat OD without a pedal. BTW, the tremolo/vibrato is outstanding.

I'll have to test one ! :eek:

Congratulations... :cool:

A+!

Trash Kidd

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2015
London U.K.

Thanks Robbie,
Certainly does sound like a fantastic amp & it’s light weight sure does appeal to me..