N-G NGD

KaHOnas

Gretschie
Aug 29, 2021
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Non-Gretsch New Guitar Day.

44D69C76-0B47-4363-8618-3ED32882EED7.jpeg

I pulled the trigger. I bought this 2014 Gibson Les Paul Traditional PRO II Floyd Rose in "light burst" from a friend. He was selling off some of his brother's (also a friend) collection after he passed away from cancer a few years ago. Eric was left with something like 140+ guitars and he's not a musician. Drew was the musician. And he was really good.

Anyway, it was a deal I couldn't refuse. It definitely is in need of new strings and a good spa day. Right now, I'm letting a nice coat of lemon oil soak into the rosewood. Man that fretboard was dry. This thing is thirsty.

F26BE931-586C-4450-A74F-DF418BA3CB17.jpeg

This is the first Floyd Rose-equipped guitar I've owned so I know I'm in for a "treat" when I replace these strings soon. Normally with a hard tail, I'd just cut the strings and oil the fretboard but I don't want to find out what happens when you take all the strings off a Floyd.

I mic'd the strings and I'm fairly certain that these Dunlop electric 10s are about close to what was on it. I guess we'll find out!

B9D935D2-F660-4540-A992-B056C6AD9FEA.jpeg

Doing a bit of research (and a few questions asked around here) I found some info on it.

80990BAD-4877-428D-AC48-720741110ACE.jpeg
2B44FF8A-2B70-47B3-BDDE-59C63C77358D.jpeg

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Congrats! I recall the earlier thread. Glad to hear you got it!

I have to chuckle that Gibson labelled it a "Traditional" when it's got that very un-traditional Floyd Rose on it, at least by LP standards. Outside the box thinking for sure!

Enjoy the new guitar - Dive Bomb away!

KaHOnas

Gretschie
Aug 29, 2021
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
Nice one! Is it very heavy?
It's a battle club. I think it's around 10.5lbs or about 5kg for you metric types. Very different from my Ibanez SC which is by far the lightest solid body I own. And what's crazy is this is supposed to be a weight relieved model. I can't imagine what it would have weighed without that.

Although a Floyd on a LP looks a bit strage to me I really think that you got an incredibly versatile guitare here. And it looks great, too!
Congrats.
It does look a bit off. Every player who's seen it so far makes a comment about the Floyd. I've probably heard ~"I didn't know you could get a Les Paul with a Floyd"~ about 4 times in the last few days either in person or from friends I've sent photos to.

Last edited: