MyTwangyGuitar.com is not accessible

lmolter54

Electromatic
Dec 28, 2021
Tampa, FL
I get an error 403 (Forbidden Access) when I try going there. It used to work. Anyone know anything?

I am able to ping it successfully. I've heard that Mr Twangy (Sam) will block you from Facebook if you attempt a Friend Request. That's ok. But can he block IP addresses coming in? I've sent three emails to the [email protected] address but never got a response. Those emails weren't nasty or condescending or anything else. I asked if the chord names could be put over the music notation and tabs, and, I found some errors in the video and PDFs for his Blues Power lessons course. Cue the crickets.

Last edited:

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
@lmolter54 That is odd. I hadn't been there in a few weeks but just successfully got to the page. It is not a secured page so your security settings on your computer might be the culprit.....just a guess though as there is such a page I cannot get to and have to change my settings to get on.

lmolter54

Electromatic
Dec 28, 2021
Tampa, FL
@lmolter54 That is odd. I hadn't been there in a few weeks but just successfully got to the page. It is not a secured page so your security settings on your computer might be the culprit.....just a guess though as there is such a page I cannot get to and have to change my settings to get on.
I was thinking that I haven't really done anything to my security settings, then I realized I mucked with cookies settings this weekend. I bet I fouled something up.

lmolter54

Electromatic
Dec 28, 2021
Tampa, FL
<update> It seems that he is blocking my incoming IP address. I say this because: 1) If I turn off WiFi on my phone, I can connect to the site. Turning it back on gives me an error 403; 2) If I use a VPN, I can access the site. To recap, this is the only site I cannot access from either my PC, Mac. or phone.

Does anyone know if Mr. Sam Twangy frequents any of these forums? I can only post here because it's completely non-Gretsch related and definitely off-topic.

I've heard that he will block you from Facebook if you try to be a friend. I couldn't even find a Facebook page at all. But blocking, if this is indeed what has happened, is a poor way to run an online business. You can buy his lessons, but there is no support. Emails to [email protected] go unanswered and result in a block. All I asked is if he could put chord names over the tabs so that other family members can strum along or whatever, and I pointed out an error in the Blues Power video and accompanying pdf. And... I was cordial about it. Certainly not grounds to block my IP (if that's what is really going on).

I've spent over $100 on lessons and I still want to purchase more; however, this may not be the case if my access is deliberately being blocked.

<disclaimer> I'm only speculating about the IP being blocked based on experiments I've done, the fact that I complained (of sorts), and there's been chatter about rudeness and such from other members here. It's not my browser because I've used Chrome and MS Edge on multiple computers. Success with the VPN and my denial of coincidences make me a semi-believer that the blocking is deliberate. Apologies to Mr Twangy if this is not the case.

Last edited: