SOLD Mythical overdrive

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
This is a great Klon Clone, the best one IMO (I haven't owned them all, but I have owned or played several). Not one of them made me want to sell my Mythical Overdrive. Honestly, I don't USE the "klon thing" often, but when I do, the M.O. delivers in spades.

Also, with the gain set to 0, it's a great MIDBOOST- like an EQ shift. Can fatten things up nicely.

nickurso

Gretschified
Dec 24, 2012
New Orleans la.
This is a great Klon Clone, the best one IMO (I haven't owned them all, but I have owned or played several). Not one of them made me want to sell my Mythical Overdrive. Honestly, I don't USE the "klon thing" often, but when I do, the M.O. delivers in spades.

Also, with the gain set to 0, it's a great MIDBOOST- like an EQ shift. Can fatten things up nicely.
Yep I agree

toddfan

Country Gent
Mar 12, 2012
Kansas
I went through a Klon Klone phase where I had 4 different klones...the Mythical was probably the best of the bunch.

If you're wanting a Klon Klone this is highly recommended!

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
GLWTS.

What does the switch do?

It switches to different clipping diodes. There's not a huge difference, unless you are running the gain up high. I usually run gain and volume about 10:30 in my rig (gain boost, no volume boost), and there is zero difference between then 1N34 (original Klon) clippers and the OA128 (which is the other clipper I chose when I bought it). Honestly, had I known that, I would have gotten it toggle-less (1N34 only).