Mystery stocking from PG

Ktone

Gretschie
Oct 31, 2021
SE PA USA
Got one last year and also in 2019. Both times got the standard mixture that comes in 95% of the boxes (hat, strap, picks, strings, polish, & cloth, coozie, nut lube, set up tool, small hardware, etc.). You definitely get enough stuff to cover the price of the stocking, the hat and strap alone are worth about $50. Whether you’d actually buy all that stuff, well, I’ve used some of it, some not. See the pic below for most of what i got in the 2019 & 2021 stockings. The hats are cool and worth about 60% of the price of admission.

I look at it like a reasonable lottery. You might get a guitar or a cool pedal but most people get what I’ve gotten. It’s not a big investment and it’s fun to see if you get lucky.

I was successful this morning getting through. I was surprised I got through because I was talking to my wife about something and didn’t connect until 11:07 EST (it opened at 11:00). I got shut out in 2020 in less time than that. It’s usually sold out for sure by 10 minutes after the hour.

96A806F6-F29C-49C1-802E-E84DB821B720.jpeg 2EA1391B-0FF2-4F4C-9CA7-FC10A547AD08.jpeg

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
Got one last year and also in 2019. Both times got the standard mixture that comes in 95% of the boxes (hat, strap, picks, strings, polish, & cloth, coozie, nut lube, set up tool, small hardware, etc.). You definitely get enough stuff to cover the price of the stocking, the hat and strap alone are worth about $50. Whether you’d actually buy all that stuff, well, I’ve used some of it, some not. See the pic below for most of what i got in the 2019 & 2021 stockings. The hats are cool and worth about 60% of the price of admission.

I look at it like a reasonable lottery. You might get a guitar or a cool pedal but most people get what I’ve gotten. It’s not a big investment and it’s fun to see if you get lucky.

I was successful this morning getting through. I was surprised I got through because I was talking to my wife about something and didn’t connect until 11:07 EST (it opened at 11:00). I got shut out in 2020 in less time than that. It’s usually sold out for sure by 10 minutes after the hour.

View attachment 195837 View attachment 195840
Ya I for one reason or another have not got in in previous years n almost though I blew it again..
I look at it like a reasonable lottery. I agree
I read on a thread a bunch of complaints but I know what I signed up for ,lol
Everybody cant win Supro amps n guitars

Hammerhands

Country Gent
Aug 26, 2011
Winnipeg
It looks like all the swag that gets sent to their office every year that they decided not to keep! You send them money and they don't have to pay dumping fees!

I like that Wingman and the Gibson hats. I'll bet they got a lot of Gibson lifestyle products at one time.

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
Ok it is here.
It is not a guitar or a amp, lol.
By the size at first I would guess that it was the basic package hat, strap, strings, picks ect..
Which I will be completely happy with. Kinda want a Gibson stocking hat to go with my Gretsch stocking hat.
But it is kind of heavy and when you shake it, it feels/sounds pedal like, lol and actually the box looks smaller then what I think the basic gift would be judging on pics I have seen.
So after the 24 hour acclamation period we will find out...... lol
Its my wife's birthday so I will let her open it ...lol
Will post results soon.
IMG_20221209_095220338.jpg

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
This is new ground for me.. My knowledge of pedals is I have quite a few and I plug my guitar in and turn the knobs till I am happy.
So forgive me if I dont answer this correctly.
Here is what it says
Another Analogman tweaked circuit, the origin of this kit is rooted in the Marshall Blues Breaker overdrive, a fairly inexpensive pedal when introduced that is now fetching high prices because of the hype surrounding this pedal on the internet. Analogman re-thought the Blues Breaker circuit and souped it up to suit what he thought it should be, then packed two into a single enclosure called the King of Tone. In addition to the surface controls, each side can be independently set via internal DIP switches to Overdrive (normal) which is a lower gain drive sound. Clean Boost, which functions as a clean boost with just a hair of gain. And Distortion mode, which is capable of achieving higher gain distorted sounds. Both sides can be set differently for a wide variety of tones when used independently and/or together. Players will often set one side hotter than the other as a lead boost of sorts, or for additional tonal textures.

Hope that help ... I got blues breaker out of it but not sure about the other .....2 blues or TS or Klon or 2 king of tones?
I still dont know..lol

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Got ya. It’s a kit for the KOT(the King of Tone) and basically combines two Blues Breakers to great effect. It’s not exactly rocket science but might prove a challenge for a first build. 😬

Pic of the Demonfx version which is very similar to the original.

1670697564399.jpeg

Last edited:

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
Got ya. It’s a kit for the KOT(the King of Tone) and basically combines two Blues Breakers to great effect. It’s not exactly rocket science but might prove a challenge for a first build. 😬
Gonna start reading and educating myself .. learn some new words and hopefully understand their meaning.
Should be a educational fun experience for $40

Hammerhands

Country Gent
Aug 26, 2011
Winnipeg
There's a few guys on GuitarsCanada.com that know a whole bunch about building pedals and tweaking circuits, you might want to get advice on there, you can post a build thread. Also, there are a couple of DIY pedal forums.

Ktone

Gretschie
Oct 31, 2021
SE PA USA
I guessed right it is a Two Kings Boost pedal kit.
Sounds like a flake paint job n some stripes are in order.
We will find out how good of a pedal builder I am it looks intimidating but maybe I will be able to fix my Detroit Cascket after this.

View attachment 196425
View attachment 196426
View attachment 196427
Very cool. As you can see in my earlier post above, I’ve gotten the standard swag for my first 2 tries. I’d be more than happy to get a pedal in kit form. Still holding out hope for a guitar, until I see a small box delivered! USPS says mine will be delivered tomorrow but I usually let my family give it to me unopened for Christmas so unless it’s really big or ultra heavy, I probably won’t know till Dec 25.

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
There's a few guys on GuitarsCanada.com that know a whole bunch about building pedals and tweaking circuits, you might want to get advice on there, you can post a build thread. Also, there are a couple of DIY pedal forums.
I will look into that and when I start I will start a thread here.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Interesting, this is new to me. My daughter recently told me that "loot boxes" for purchase in her video game were removed because a regulator determined that it was a form of gambling (I can't say they're wrong).

CBHScott

Gretschie
Feb 13, 2015
Central OH
FWIW, I got a G7th capo and a Gibson "radar" beanie (one with a hard front visor on it :rolleyes:). From what I've read elsewhere, I suppose I made out better than many, but I don't even use a capo...