My takamine is gone for a setup

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by JaredmacNeil90, Nov 25, 2021.

1. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    So tonight I said “screw it , I’m keeping my takamine” I’ve had a vintage takamine for a little while now and love the sound of it but I’m not an acoustic player. My Taylor sat in its case for basically a year so I traded it for the takamine and cash that I used to buy my twin reverb. I haven’t really played the tak since I’m accustomed to a really low action and the action on the tak isn’t high but not super low . So tonight my friend had to pick up his three year old daughter so I tagged along for a drive taking my old takamine up to get a lease on life . The action is actually really playable but just not to my liking and just needs to come down a hair to make it feel better.

1522AEDC-551C-4569-944D-12CECEC31CB9.jpeg

My friend told me I needed to put a pickup system in it, I guess he didn’t notice it had one . I’m kind of excited to get it back , I’ve always been a fan of a takamine.

bhatta and GlenP like this.
  2. I got mine in the early 90’s. Had a set up once to level some frets, but it has never let me down. One if the easiest guitars i have to play.

JaredmacNeil90 likes this.
  3. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    I like that it’s a cutaway electric so I can do everything on it that I can on my electrics.

4. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I played the heck out of mine and had some deep grooves in the first position cowboy chords and up at the 5th fret position where I capo. I took it to a shop to have the first ten frets replaced and then dressed with a PLEK machine and it really brought it back to life. It was the first guitar that I bought for myself after working a summer job after graduating high school, and still plays great. Mine is a standard dreadnaught shape, non cutaway. If I had $100 more at the time I could have gotten the cut away version, but I was young and thought they looked funny and thought why would you ever play that high on the neck?

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Nice guitars . I had a 12 string back in '77 . Wish I still had it

6. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    I thought the same and now I play a single song and I need that end of the neck lol. I just don’t like when it feels you have to try to play if you know what I mean.
    Oh , I think we all have a guitar they regret selling

thunder58 likes this.
  7. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Best of luck on the setup!

8. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    Thanks . Andrew is pretty good at setups. He’s done 3 or 4 guitars for me and my friend loves his acoustic since he took my recommendations. Andrew also is a player so he knows how things should play like

Archtops likes this.
  9. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    That’s always a good thing when the guy doing the setups is a player.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.