My takamine is gone for a setup

JaredmacNeil90

Gretschie
Jan 19, 2021
Pei
So tonight I said “screw it , I’m keeping my takamine” I’ve had a vintage takamine for a little while now and love the sound of it but I’m not an acoustic player. My Taylor sat in its case for basically a year so I traded it for the takamine and cash that I used to buy my twin reverb. I haven’t really played the tak since I’m accustomed to a really low action and the action on the tak isn’t high but not super low . So tonight my friend had to pick up his three year old daughter so I tagged along for a drive taking my old takamine up to get a lease on life . The action is actually really playable but just not to my liking and just needs to come down a hair to make it feel better.

1522AEDC-551C-4569-944D-12CECEC31CB9.jpeg

My friend told me I needed to put a pickup system in it, I guess he didn’t notice it had one . I’m kind of excited to get it back , I’ve always been a fan of a takamine.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
I played the heck out of mine and had some deep grooves in the first position cowboy chords and up at the 5th fret position where I capo. I took it to a shop to have the first ten frets replaced and then dressed with a PLEK machine and it really brought it back to life. It was the first guitar that I bought for myself after working a summer job after graduating high school, and still plays great. Mine is a standard dreadnaught shape, non cutaway. If I had $100 more at the time I could have gotten the cut away version, but I was young and thought they looked funny and thought why would you ever play that high on the neck?

JaredmacNeil90

Gretschie
Jan 19, 2021
Pei
I played the heck out of mine and had some deep grooves in the first position cowboy chords and up at the 5th fret position where I capo. I took it to a shop to have the first ten frets replaced and then dressed with a PLEK machine and it really brought it back to life. It was the first guitar that I bought for myself after working a summer job after graduating high school, and still plays great. Mine is a standard dreadnaught shape, non cutaway. If I had $100 more at the time I could have gotten the cut away version, but I was young and thought they looked funny and thought why would you ever play that high on the neck?
I thought the same and now I play a single song and I need that end of the neck lol. I just don’t like when it feels you have to try to play if you know what I mean.
Nice guitars . I had a 12 string back in '77 . Wish I still had it
Oh , I think we all have a guitar they regret selling