My Sweetwater Rep Stinks…Anyone Have A Good One?

rcboals

Country Gent
Nov 21, 2008
Springfield Oregon
I don’t want to go into details but I just lost out on a Labor Day guitar special because my sales dude stinks so bad.

Not only did I miss out on the guitar that I ordered, I got attitude for it too.

This guy has just always been the worst and never failed to underwhelm.

I like to shop there because they have great pics of guitars and always list weight which is very important to me. If the other places did that I would take my business elsewhere in a hot minute.

Anybody have a solid rep there who won’t pass the buck every time I might have an issue?

That stinks. I don't understand why you would cause a problem with a sales rep. ;) You seemed like such a likable easy going guy when we met in Hawaii. :) :)
I have been very happy with Alex McKinney. He always follows up after a sale even if it is just aset of strings. He sent me pics of the actual guitar I just ordered that is on the way. I've never had a Tele with humbuckers.

Attachments

• ISSL21007091-angle-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-angle-xlarge.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ISSL21007091-serial-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-serial-xlarge.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ISSL21007091-front-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-front-xlarge.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ISSL21007091-detail2-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-detail2-xlarge.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ISSL21007091-detail1-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-detail1-xlarge.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1
  • ISSL21007091-body-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-body-xlarge.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1
  • ISSL21007091-back-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-back-xlarge.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
  • ISSL21007091-backbody-xlarge.jpg
    ISSL21007091-backbody-xlarge.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
That stinks. I don't understand why you would cause a problem with a sales rep. ;) You seemed like such a likable easy going guy when we met in Hawaii. :) :)
I have been very happy with Alex McKinney. He always follows up after a sale even if it is just aset of strings. He sent me pics of the actual guitar I just ordered that is on the way. I've never had a Tele with humbuckers.
😇I’m a very nice guy😇

Thanks for the references. Sounds like there are plenty of great Sweetwater reps and none of you thankfully have the guy I’ve been stuck with for years.

I’m just not getting the guitar that I picked out. It’s been such a 💩show that I decided it wasn’t meant to be.

This is the last in a long line of small disappointments with his service. It’s time to try another salesperson.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I don’t want to go into details but I just lost out on a Labor Day guitar special because my sales dude stinks so bad.

Not only did I miss out on the guitar that I ordered, I got attitude for it too.

This guy has just always been the worst and never failed to underwhelm.

I like to shop there because they have great pics of guitars and always list weight which is very important to me. If the other places did that I would take my business elsewhere in a hot minute.

Anybody have a solid rep there who won’t pass the buck every time I might have an issue?

BR,

Contact Nate Burkhardt, the best of the best!

BIB.

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
BR,

Contact Nate Burkhardt, the best of the best!

BIB.
Cool! I just contacted the sales department and apparently they will assign me a new rep but I can’t really request a specific person🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyhow…from everything here it sounds like my chances are better than good that whoever I get will be an upgrade.

Thanks Gretschies!

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
Congrats Raye!

That’s a beauty!

All’s well that ends well. After deciding not to get the Jazzmaster I was looking at another came available that was even lighter (I’m psycho about the weight of my guitars).

I jumped on it and my interim salesperson helped me score a CV JM that weighs just 2oz. Over 7 lbs.🤑 I know these are not made out of traditional woods but it is still extremely rare to find one under 7.5.

The other thing is it has to have an extremely dark fingerboard…and it does👍🏿

I’m satisfied for now.
82F160C4-6795-4D5D-9CBF-9E1DFAB44C14.jpeg

All Thumbs

Gretschie
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas
Excellent! I bought mine at a Guitar Center. I had a choice of Shell Pink, Daphne Blue and Surf Green. I liked the blue one for looks, but the green one was way lighter. Wish they'd had white back then.

All Thumbs

Gretschie
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas
Congrats Raye!

That’s a beauty!

All’s well that ends well. After deciding not to get the Jazzmaster I was looking at another came available that was even lighter (I’m psycho about the weight of my guitars).

I jumped on it and my interim salesperson helped me score a CV JM that weighs just 2oz. Over 7 lbs.🤑 I know these are not made out of traditional woods but it is still extremely rare to find one under 7.5.

The other thing is it has to have an extremely dark fingerboard…and it does👍🏿

I’m satisfied for now.
View attachment 189478

blueruins

Friend of Fred
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
But i stand corrected… just called and they told me I have a new sales engineer Roq Martin and the girl says he’s very cool.

I know someone mentioned him here so I’m content now. Apparently I still have to look at the loser’s picture for awhile when I go on the site but he won’t be calling any longer😝

Last edited:

Runamok

Country Gent
But i stand corrected… just called and they told me I have a new sales engineer Roq Martin and the girl says he’s very cool.

I know someone mentioned Hume here so I’m content now. Apparently I still have to look at the loser’s picture for awhile when I go on the site but he won’t be calling any longer😝
Check for hats & shorts. He should look cool onstage. 😁