My Retro Rig w/Tweed case

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by scrimmer, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:34 AM.

1. scrimmer

scrimmer Electromatic

Apr 6, 2019
    North Carolina
    Been looking for a while to get a case for my g2627t.
    REALLY wanted a fitted tweed case for it, to keep a vintage vibe going, but my research was telling me one doesn't exist. Then I came across the Crossrock Tweed case online that looked very nice, but was made for 335s.
    I had read in reviews though that some were fitting their Gretsches in these cases anyway. So I took a chance and ordered one through Amazon. Then about 15 mins later found a guy on CL about an hour from me selling this exact case in an unopened box! Gave him a call, hopped in the car and 45 mins later I had the case with my Gretsch in it driving home for $60. SCORE! Came home and canceled Amazon order.
    It's not an exact fit, but close enough that it sits in there with no movement and zero issues.
    The upper horns and lower bout are wide enough to let it stay snug inside.
    What looks like a large gap at the bottom is mostly shadow.

Here's what I've done to my Streamliner so far:
    G-Arrow knobs/switchtips/ABM Roller bridge and I'm installing a new jack plate here in a minute.
    Looking at possibly switching to a Chet bar on the Biggs. Maybe.
    Also been contemplating a pup switchout to some TV Jones of some sort, but after a while of playing it with the pole piece mod, I'm sort of diggin' it just like it is now, also a 3 pup switch was looking pretty pricey!

Here it is with my Princeton Reverb RI and new case:
    IMG_E0242.JPG IMG_E0244.JPG I think I've spent all I want to spend on this baby for now and am contemplating another Gretsch after the first of the new year and will install some TVJs in that if warranted.

2. GHook

GHook Gretschie

Sep 3, 2010
    wnc
    Looks very nice in my opinion. Can't go wrong with tweed , cases or amps :)

3. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Very unique and lovely looking case...and the guitar ain't bad either. Very nice retro look with that amp. Congrats!

4. capnhiho

capnhiho Synchromatic

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Congrats!
    You have a cool theme going between the guitar, the case, and the Tolex on your amp!

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congratulations on the case . It's a beautiful compliment to your rig

6. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Love that color on the 2627T.:)

7. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Very nice! I would keep the Gretschbuckers if you’re diggin em’, no need to drop that kinda dough to change something that’s working! Great lookin’ setup!

8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    This case looks really beautiful. Congrats.

9. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Is that a 1x12 Princeton Reverb? It looks taller than a 1x10, more like a Boogie

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.