My name is Talking Pedal…

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
…and I will melt your face off! (apologies to Rod Serling)

This is one of the Next Step series of pedals from ElectroHarmoniX, no moving parts, they require a foot to hold in heel down or in between positions, so they are not-cockable, will that term get past the censors? Maybe not so user friendly design for a Vol or Wah, but for this Talking Pedal, you tend to be constantly moving it anyway, it seems to work.

This is not a voice from the Twilight Zone but rather a unique flavor of phasers and filters to create some vocal vowel sounds but you can’t really control them like with a proper talk box. It does have a little fuzz circuit built in so you can dial that in for more throaty growl.

I am not sure if I will get that proficient with this one to play it beyond the living room, but it has been fun messing around with so far. You can get a cradle separately so that it can be secured to a pedal board for transport, and the Velcro strap that holds it down can be removed for playing.

5B3C0243-589B-45B7-93FC-1D984668185E.jpeg

Last edited:

Hammerhands

Country Gent
Aug 26, 2011
Winnipeg
Last edited:

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
That is some cool vocal synth stuff there, must have been a great show! I wonder how this pedal will sound with my 12 string and the fuzz turned up, hmmm.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
There is something like a boot for it to keep it from sliding around or put it on a pedalboard.

Maybe you can get a door-stop to keep it cocked.

I got the cradle too. it comes with some Velcro for mounting the cradle and a strap to securely hold the pedal for transporting. Seems like it might get in the way when you unstrap it. Kind of a novelty pedal, but really a lot simpler than a talk box with the tube and mic. It has a calibrate button so if your board is slanted it knows what orientation is toe down and which is heel down when it is not level.

4C7ECF3E-4C97-44E8-AD4A-44083FEA78FD.jpeg