My dog, my best friend. Let's see some pics of your dog!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Gold Penguin, Feb 21, 2021.

1. dspellman

dspellman Electromatic

Jul 4, 2020
    Los Angeles
    My dog has disguised himself as three cats.
    Extremely clever dog.

2. Gold Penguin

Gold Penguin Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Long Island, New York
    Loki is running the whole show here in my house. He's a very proud little guy. He's fiercely loyal and very protective of us. Where ever we go we bring him with us. He's just a funny lovable spirited dog. We bring him to certain gigs and he runs out on the stage and stands next to me. He's got a standing ovation on a couple gigs. Here I am on stage thinking people are digging the band and in reality the crowd is applauding Loki running out on stage! He's been a huge blessing in my life.

AllenK, WhiteWolf, T-Bawler and 2 others like this.
  3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Well since we're also listing the dearly departed let me introduce you to Rocky.
    A more loyal, smart and fun loving dog you'll never meet.
    Rocky went to Doggy Heaven 7 years ago :(

[​IMG]

4. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Seeing as how many of you (us) miss our dogs---
    In "Mr. Bojangles", there's a part that goes,
    "he talked about how his dog and him,
    travelled the South.
    Then the dog up and died, up and died,
    and after twenty years he still grieves."
    That line always hits home for me.

I still get teary thinking about my three big goobers. I grew u[ with Doxies, but since then, I've always had mutts, Lab /Samoyed, a Lab/Pyrenees, and some mix of sheepdog/St. Bernard. All of them were 125#, and just big, hairy lap dogs. Each one of them chose me, picked me out of a room full of people and other dogs. The best way to get over the loss of a dog is to get a new puppy. They won't let you cry. With me working so many late nights, it was nice coming home at 2 or 3 AM and having someone happy to meet me at the door. I enjoyed many late night walks with them. I knew my wife and daughter were safe with them in the house. Sadly, I can't keep up with a dog anymore. The COPD makes it hard to walk, and it wouldn't be fair to a dog not to get out for exercise and playtime. Still hurts not having a fuzzy buddy. My daughter has one, but he's definitely her dog. She rescued him from a guy who literally abandoned the little goofball.

Putting a dog down is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I couldn't just dump them off and leave. Had to stay till the light in their eyes went out. After all the love they gave me, it's all I could do to make their passing easier. They're only around for a part of your life. You're their entire entire life.

They're our first domesticated animal, our oldest friends. The bond between dogs and humans is the strongest of any other creature. They know what we're thinking, seemingly. They know when we're happy or sad. They're attuned to us completely.

What did we ever do to deserve dogs?
    Dog is the reflection of God. They show us what unconditional love is all about.

radd, T-Bawler, AllenK and 7 others like this.
  5. Gold Penguin

Gold Penguin Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Long Island, New York
    Beautiful post. God bless you.

capnhiho likes this.
  6. afire

afire Country Gent

[​IMG]
    Punkin' Pie. She's the boss.
    [​IMG]
    Jackson. He thinks he's people.
    [​IMG]
    But sometimes he gets tired waiting and wondering why nobody's bringing him a plate for dinner.

7. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Thank you. I have been blessed---with three great dogs.

Gold Penguin and Waxhead like this.
  8. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I can relate to this.......
    IMG_0178.JPG

9. Humpblock

Humpblock Electromatic

Jan 28, 2020
    Australia
    Bunyip, or Bunny. Aussie terrier, snake and rat killer.

Attached Files:

10. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
  11. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Here’s an action shot of Mrs Fluffypants and Ella. It’s all “Go go go” for these two. A23F825F-72F5-4DA4-ACFA-C41583D6F844.jpeg

12. doc538

doc538 Electromatic

Sep 20, 2017
    Massachusetts
  13. Echocat23

Echocat23 Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    Kansas City
    Resized_20200417_224551.jpg This is bigsby. Hes a euro great Dane/neapolitan mastiff. Hes not allowed around the guitars. Dude could swallow a 6120 like it was a treat. Hahaha.

14. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

This is Nikita as a nine week old puppy and then full grown. She was an adorable puppy. Forty pounds of roly poly fluff with very stout little legs. :)

pup1.jpg

nikita4.JPG
    nikita2.JPG
    nikita6.JPG

15. JLD4133

JLD4133 Country Gent

May 10, 2011
    Mequon, WI
    As Wabash Slim said, above:
    " They're our first domesticated animal, our oldest friends. The bond between dogs and humans is the strongest of any other creature. They know what we're thinking, seemingly. They know when we're happy or sad. They're attuned to us completely. What did we ever do to deserve dogs? Dog is the reflection of God. They show us what unconditional love is all about."

As Mark Twain said:
    "The more I know about people, the more I like my dog! "

Gold Penguin likes this.
  16. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    My wife and I would be pleased to welcome a dog as we welcome cats in our garden... :rolleyes:

But we think that we wouldn't have enough time to deserve to a dog to make him happy as it should, so we don't... :(

Maybe later ? o_O:cool:

A+!

Gold Penguin and radd like this.
  17. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I had a great Dane, seriously lovely dogs, would love to get another one down the line but it would mean a bit of a lifestyle change again with such a big dog.

Echocat23 likes this.
  18. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

AFEF15CE-3133-424F-B9AF-BC90B771CFE3.jpeg I’m between best pals at the moment. Here’s little buddy Buster, who left us in November

19. capnhiho

capnhiho Synchromatic

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    upload_2021-2-28_16-22-19.jpeg

I realize it’s not one of my Gretsches but Wallace was asking me to turn it down...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.