Join Gretsch-Talk Today

My Bass Rig

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Pine Apple Slim, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    IMG_1118.JPG Since we don't have a bass subforum guess I'll just show off here as this does involve amplification.

Carvin BX700 head, Eden 112, 2x Hartke112"s.
    Shadow Rockabilly pickup system, Line6 G30 wireless, Deuce bridge. Strings are Innovation Rockabilly Reds.
    Bass is an approx 10 yr old Romainian ply, w ebony board and tailpiece.

emicad, Ricochet and Henry like this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    How did you arrive at 3x
    12" cabs?

3. Pine Apple Slim

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Well I started with a single 15, an old fuzzy covered Carvin I'd been using with my old 50w Siverface Bassman. Big and unwieldy. Plus lacked some high end for the slap sound. When I bought the Carvin amp, I could have just bought a 410 cab with a tweeter but I really didn't want to haul it. So I found a good deal one the first Hartke and the Eden. But then I found I still needed the 15" to be loud enough over the Drummer. I got tired of lugging the 15 and sucked it up and got another Hydrive. They only weigh about 30lbs each, and the Eden is similar in weight. I guess I'd rather make more trips than lug a big cab. Plus I can scale down if I need to.

GoLeafsGo and Ricochet like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    That made sense. :)

What is "Rockabilly" on the Shadow system?

6. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Gretschie

May 1, 2014
    Whitby Ontario
    Nice! Wish my cabs were about 30 lbs., have a PF115 and a PF210, they weigh a LOT more than that!

7. Pine Apple Slim

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    The Preamp has a blendable channel for the "clicky" pickup under the fingerboard that picks up the slap.

Ricochet likes this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Nice bass . Honestly I don't know much about them , so thanks for sharing . Wish I knew someone near me with one , I would like to try some bluegrass / country with someone

9. Pine Apple Slim

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    I became an upright player totally by accident. I took a job in a town where some old friends from college had a bluegrass band. They always let me sit in with them and jam on guitar. Then their bass player moved off. They stuck a bass fiddle in my hands and said "your the bass player". I did that for about 5 years, learning on the job. It was a great thing as 20+ years later it's the instrument that always gets me a gig.

10. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    "It's the instrument that always gets me a gig."

Seriously regretting my past.

11. wabash slim

wabash slim Country Gent

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Being a keyboard player, I understand the "instrument that always gets me a gig" statement. There's a guy locally that plays bass guitar, upright and tuba. He's always in demand.

There are aspects of my past that I regret, too, tho music isn't one of them.

12. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Nice looking rig PAS. Do you play fiddle, too?

13. Pine Apple Slim

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Uh, no. I've struggled with it on and off is all.