Musicians Friend....they've got some issues

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by AZBrahma, Aug 3, 2021.

1. AZBrahma

AZBrahma Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Arizona
    I usually go to the home page daily to see the stupid deal of the day.

Yesterday the home page would land on random product or search result pages and you couldn't navigate away. Today I see the actual source code for the home page (that should NEVER happen). Oops, looks like trouble in IT paradise. Funny thing is there is a check on page load for environment = QA. Yeah....looks like this one never made it through QA. :D

I'll work for 'em and get things straightened out. I only ask a market hourly rate and a 30% discount on everything. :cool:

2. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    lol, I read that title in a completely different context. I was ready to come in here & bash 'em. "Oh, look, someone else hates them, too." :D Go for 50%.

MotorCentaur and MrWookiee like this.
  3. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    I dunno…..

Their website worked fine about 20 minutes after the OP in this thread. Somebody must have given them the heads up.

I’m in the habit of checking the SDoD and MF’s Daily Pick first thing every morning while my coffee is brewing.

MrWookiee likes this.
  4. Scamp

Scamp Gretschie

Feb 22, 2018
    SoCal
    The only problem I have with the website is sometimes the Stupid deal they show is different than the one if you click on stupid deal in the menu at the top of the page. That way this morning, shows one pedal in the picture than click on the menu and it shows another pedal.

5. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

LOL . . . Me, too. It's my daily routine to check the daily deal on both GC and MF.

There is no way to miss the fact that both MF and GC have fallen on some hard times, and the pandemic hasn't helped them in their time of financial trouble. I knew that GC was struggling, but when the MF website suddenly changed, it was obvious that belt tightening happened for them, too. Of course, that only makes sense, since they're connected. I do hope that they don't go under, but only time will tell.

MrWookiee, Archtops and thunder58 like this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    It’s MF I expect issues.

7. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Over the years I’ve ordered several items from MF, including instruments and never had a problem.
    I wish them the best of luck in these uncertain times.

MrWookiee, ZackyDog and Henry like this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I'm with you Archtops . In fact , Bret called me today to see if I needed anything ......hummmm ..... the word " Martin " keeps popping into my head along with the word " wife " :p:p

9. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Lol! So true when one is married. My last Martin was my 1969 D12-20 I bought new. Time for another Martin.

thunder58 likes this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    ain't that the truth ;)

Archtops likes this.
  11. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    In all fairness to MF, these are very hard times, and people around the globe are continuing to feel the impact of this pandemic.

12. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey

Bait & switch, as old as The Pyramids.

13. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    MF/GC.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

MotorCentaur and wabash slim like this.
  14. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    I check the SDOTD every day and have for almost two years. The only time I've seen anything weird was when they sold out and switched to another item, sometimes the site isn't updated instantaneously. I missed out on a couple of good deals when I wasn't fast enough.
    There were a couple of times when I called to order and was told they were out but the site was updated within a few more minutes.
    There is no bait and switch here, geez.

15. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    I’m an early riser, so I usually check the SDOD and DP shortly after they appear each day. I’m not interested about 99% of the time, but I occasionally score a gem.
    Best deals of late:
    Wampler Reflection reverb pedal for 55% off regular price.
    Quilter 101 Mini amp head for less than half price.

I’ve gotten a few more great deals over the years but these two are the most recent of note that met my needs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.