Multiple guitars w/different pickups into one rig for the same show?

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by oneforsorrow, Sep 13, 2021.

1. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    For me, I keep the rig as simple as possible, in order to avoid hassle or issues, and be instant-flexible... Simply because it is required by my big band !

[​IMG]

One checked guitar and amp - sometimes two, just in case - and a very few pedals, 2 or 3 at maximum.

[​IMG]

I used to play with a compact pedalboard, but I don't carry it anymore... Maybe I'll be back to it one day ? But I'm never sure to have the place to put it at my feets ! o_O

A+!

Waxhead and Marv666 like this.
  2. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    Hard to Think there's people who don't use the bridge pickup.
    I'm Using the bridge for about 90%

3. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    I'm trying to branch out. But as I mentioned, I'm half of duo and like having the extra body of the neck. On the Country Club, the neck is fuller but also has plenty of bite to it. The middle position is actually the most mellow.

Marv666 and mister rain like this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
  5. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    mister rain likes this.
  6. Mojoman

Mojoman Electromatic

Jan 14, 2019
    Gardena, ca.
    Y
    You just have to know the nature

7. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    The Bloom midi sounds interesting and very cool. If you want to try an eq, Check out the source audio eq. It has two circuits so it can either work in stereo, or you can have the eq placed in 2 different places in your signal chain (and that can be assigned to different presets). It is also super programmable so you can for example hook it up to an expression pedal and gradually shift it between 2 different eq presets. I've never used it but if I didn't have a silly fetish for analog I probably would have bought it over the free the tone eq.

oneforsorrow likes this.
  8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Because I never was able to switch different guitars on my rig I got at least two identical guitars for the stage. So I can switch them in case a string breaks. My rig is usually tailored to one type of instrument. If I had to switch between a Strat and a Gretsch I would have to make several adjustments.

Marv666 and oneforsorrow like this.
  9. kenact

kenact Electromatic

May 9, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    And another possibility is using a GK guitar with a VG-99. You can go from standard tuning to Nashville, Open G, Single Coil, Humbucker, and more, the the touch of a button, plus have just about every effect you might want.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.