Multi effects floor units

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by gtttrrr, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Here's a today photo of my 2nd board with Plethora integrated.
    Everything is up front >>> Mesa Boogie TA-15 so I've set this up to go right to left

Wah > Fulldrive 3 > Crunchbox OD/dist > Sentry Noise Gate > HoF Reverb > Helix Phaser > Viscous Vibe > HG Compressor > EQ > Flashback >>> TA-15

Mesa TA-15 then has 5 footswitchable tube amp voices being... Vox Normal, Vox Top Boost, Fender Tweed, Marshall Lead, Boogie Lead. Amp also does 5, 15 and 25 watts.

So with one small board and one tube amp weighing 12 pounds I've got a super versatile rig that sounds better than any digital modeler, is more convenient plug n play, minimal tweaking required and cost US$1500 total.
    The amp and pedal board combined weighs 24 pounds - add on a 1 x 12 cab is another 25 pounds.

My no 1 board is plugged to a Mesa Mark V 25, weighs the same and is even more versatile.
    With either of my 2 Mesa amps I could easy strip this down for gigging with just the Plethora and amp, or amp, Flashback and tuner.

That's why I don't agree that modelers are more convenient, versatile and lighter weight than tube rigs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    gtttrrr and bhatta like this.
  2. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    I was mistaken on the Tos chip, to clarify

3. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    This is my current acoustics board. MUCH simpler than my electric board but that was kind of the point.
    Into the BOSS TU-2>Cali 76 Comp>TC Electronics BodyRez>LR Baggs EQ>LR Baggs Saturation>Fender Smoulder Acoustic Overdrive>Xotic RC Booster> Line 6 HX Effects.
    In the HX Effects loops are the EHX Mel9 and EHX POG2. The HX handles all modulation and time based effects really well.
    All this runs into an AER Compact 30/3 acoustic amp. At louder volume I do occasionally get some squealing feedback, so I will often run into a 31 band EQ just before the amp to notch out problem frequencies.
    Under all this is the GigRig modular power system and George L’s cables. I have fallen in love with the Evidence Audio SIS cabling, but it’s very pricey and seeing as I had a lot of George L’s left over from taking my previous, larger acoustic board apart, I just rep-used whet I had from that.

For guitars I will primarily play either my 2108 Martin 000-42 with LR Baggs Lyric or my Maton Nashville single cut with the amazing AP5-Pro.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate.
    1F1FED33-8C63-4049-B00C-57187CCBBA05.jpeg

Waxhead likes this.
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You can use the footswitch to cycle through 5 amp settings? My Mesa only switches between 2.

5. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Tape or digital recording?

6. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Got ME80 earlier this year. Have not "saved" any tones on it yet. Just let the dialed knobs remain on the effects' settings, which I have chosen. Plug and play in my home studio. Never got any individual pedals so don't know about that experience. Lazy and tech averse that I am, would you believe that I purchased Line6 Helix three years ago but it remains on top my cupboard unopened. Those screens and so many settings are daunting. Until the day comes when I muster courage to read its manual etc. I will happily stick with this. Actually ordered a used Digitech RP1000 three days ago, mainly for its simplicity and low price.

7. fa57

fa57 Electromatic

Jul 26, 2020
    NJ
    Hi there, I have a relatively new Kronos and an old Imac. Think I should put them on battery back up UPS too. Quite non techy here. Which make/model would you recommend?

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have had APS and now Cyber Power, an older 800vr. I lost a couple of I-macs because of brownouts and the Kronos is a dream so now it lives on the Cyber Power. Been on since about 2013. I did replace the battery this year but probably should have done that a year or two ago. No regrets with the cyber power and it has been used multiple times for brownouts and power outages in the middle of playing. When I was playing around and had a power outage it ran for another 15 minutes, it and the powered speakers QSC K10, before I shut it off. I wasn't going to push my lick and cause a problem by trying it for as long as it could, that would really defeat the purpose of having it to start with! I bought a smaller version for my mom's computer and another for my wife.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.