Multi effects floor units

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by gtttrrr, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    yeah I tested one out in a store a few years ago - enjoy :)

Butch Ammon likes this.
  2. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Looks fun. You're not using an fx loop?

3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    No, I have a loop on my amps but it's too complicated with my set up cos I want the Wah, Fulldrive & Crunchbox up front and only the Plethora, EQ and Flashback in the loop.

My no 1 board (without Plethora) has all my time based effects in a loop.

Henry likes this.
  4. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I’m not a familiar with the Plethora but wouldn’t the 4-cable method offer a solution, possibly combined with a patch bay?

gtttrrr likes this.
  5. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    I never used a Multi-Effect... :oops: For fear of a Multi-Hassle... :confused:

For a time, I considered this small one as "accessible" to me ;) :
    [​IMG]
    Maybe I'll buy one 2nd hand one of these days - because they are qui costy here : circa 350E o_O

A+!

6. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Thats is pretty cool availability there, very cool. I think I would miss the burning tubes though.
    Wait… you have access to an MXR Phase90, and you use a Boss flanger for “Aint Talkin’ Bout Love”? o_O:eek::confused:o_O:D:D

Butch Ammon likes this.
  7. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    I thought that was configurable as well, from what I’ve read about the Plethora.

Ricochet likes this.
  8. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Those are three nice pedals to combine! Had not seen that

hcsterg likes this.
  9. Ricochet

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    ATBL is definitely a Flanger for certain accents. I think it’s a Phase90 in the solo. The real key is the right delay setting. :p

Butch Ammon and gtttrrr like this.
  10. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    I always associated that opening riff to be THE MXR Phase90 sound, the riff that sold a million flangers. :cool: Kidding aside, my Walrus audio Lillian Phaser can nail that as well:D:cool:

Butch Ammon and Ricochet like this.
  11. SAguitar

SAguitar Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    I am currently a very happy Line 6 Helix user, it is working very well for my needs.

gtttrrr likes this.
  12. Alice

Alice Newbie

Aug 10, 2020
    Scotland
    I'm a bit new here. I use regularly a Pod 2 with floorboard, Vox ToneLab SE and as a spare Boss ME-70 pedals. I like the ToneLab as for an old peice of kit the sounds are wonderful

gtttrrr likes this.
  13. Wavey

Wavey Gretschie

Dec 31, 2016
    NorCal
    I have a Digitech RP80 which I've dialed in a few user configurable presets over the years. It's also fun to cycle through the factory presets every now and again, just for kicks. I also use the RP80 for recording as it easily interfaces into my Lexicon Omega (and Cubase software on the PC).

When I don't fire up the RP80 I keep it fairly simple and go through a Fender Reverb Tank into a Carl's Custom Amp 5E3 DeLuxe. I'm pretty much good with just that actually.

gtttrrr likes this.
  14. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Cheapest I’m seein the Plethora used is $395, not much discount, prob buy new at that point. sign of our times I guess. :eek::cool::confused:

15. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    FB08A207-3493-4AA7-B3C4-753CC93A9578.jpeg 9360F674-6807-4B8F-AA44-14889A095254.jpeg I was using a Boss ME50 live for a couple of years up till February 2020 when Covid struck & stopped us gigging.
    Love it, very easy to use & awesome sounds.. Im now back to a more traditional pedalboard..

Wavey and gtttrrr like this.
  16. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Yes, that's not the issue.
    It's too complicated to explain here and have already spoken to TC Electronics about it.
    It's just my 2nd baord so am content to have all the effects up front on it on this one.

Here's a good video on setting up plethoria for 4 cable method.
    This same guy has a bunch of good instruction videos for plethora on youtube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ricochet likes this.
  17. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Considering posting my sparkley green mint MB to cover. Anyone know what a mint cond used been sellin for these days? Toshiba chip and FX loop.
    5B0921F0-509C-4090-BBCD-7406F71B0F05.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  18. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    A lot of interesting thoughts here.

Let me preface my comment by saying that I have a Line 6 HX Effects on my acoustic board. It does what it does excellently and it's very easy to operate.

That said, when it came to my electric board, I spent a day playing through the Line 6 Helix and The HeadRush and by the time I saw just how much tweaking was needed to get these things to sound close to "natural," I knew I had to go with real pedals and a switcher. Now that I have assembled said board, I have virtually all the functionality I would want from something like a Helix, and I would never go the route of a multi FX unit. Having the flexibility of individual stomp boxes is crucial to sculpting a unique tone, IMHO.
    More money and time? Absolutely. Worth it? Yep.

Henry and Waxhead like this.
  19. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    What effects do you use with your acoustic board ?

20. Ricochet

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Ah, so the Plethora is able to split into a “front of amp” and “fx loop” section? That’s pretty clever.

Waxhead likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.