Mountain Lion/Cougar Stalks Man For 6 Minutes During Run

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by ZackyDog, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Even if they were bobcat kittens the best thing to do would have been to get the heck out of there. If he stopped to take a video of them, that was not smart.

Given the fact that happened, I think he did a credible job of handling the situation from that point on. He didn’t turn his back on the cat and, while I would have made a lot more noise, he did at least try to scare it away. Hey, at least he survived.

Henry likes this.
  2. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    as an old jar head I would have handle this all wrong. I would have been looking for some kind of weapon, It's just in the training. but in all seriousness I never ran trails like this I didn't have at lest one weapon on me. either a beretta .380. Or my 2 and 3/4 inch Ruger .357 mag. I would have fired a round or two hoping to scare the cat off. before one of use dies needlessly.

Now has for the lounge Cougar's playing in band you have to aware of these at all times they show up in the most amazing places. and can be as deadly if not more so than the ones in the wilds.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.