Most Comfortable Electric Guitar To Play Seated?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    That Shell Pink is a perfect match for your eyes, Tavo. :)

2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    [​IMG]

Merc likes this.
  3. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Exactly! :)

4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thank you. That Korina one just hit the market recently.

Both those Rutters are a beautiful pair and that’s a great photo. Do you remember what pickups you had in the pink one?

5. Oywee72

Oywee72 Electromatic

Jul 23, 2020
    Oslo
    I`m gonna vote for that. I had a an Gibson 67 reissue way back ago, and I always thought it was really a comfortable guitar playing seated, with the upper "fin" above, and the lower fin under my thigh. They are really alot more comfortable than most people think. (They also forces you to sit up in a correct classical position when you are playing it). Loved the weight, the bite, and playability on that one. Cheers! :)

loudnlousy likes this.
  6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    My jet and EBMM Albert Lee are both very comfortable, in part due to their smaller sizes, but all my guitars are pretty comfy, even the dreadnought, though not as easy as my OM. I think the taller or larger one is, the wider range of comfortable.

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Strat, for me about the most comfortable sitting or standing.

SAguitar and CalicoSkies like this.
  8. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Gretschie

Nov 18, 2019
    Beaverton, OR, USA
    I've always found Strats to be very comfortable to play when sitting.

SAguitar likes this.
  9. Penguin

Penguin Country Gent

Nov 20, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Same here! The bridge is fine for me too, but the banjo armrest digs into my forearm.

10. sgarnett

sgarnett Gretschie

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Strats are sooo ... almost comfortable for me. A strap helps a lot. I find the Jazzmaster forearm carve is more comfortable though.

On the Road Worn Strats, the simulated forearm wear is a bit rough (obviously done quickly with power tools), but the “wear” is of course where the old Strats typically wear: not in the middle of the carve, but right at the upper corner of the bevel, where it meets the body edge.

Ok, since my RW 60s had already been chewed up there by the factory, I smoothed and blended that spot a bit by hand with some fine sandpaper. I barely removed any wood at all, but it made all the difference. It now looks more like natural wear, and it is much more comfortable (to me) than a regular Strat shape.

Merc likes this.
  11. otisblove

otisblove Electromatic

May 11, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Of the guitars I own I’d say the Strat is most comfortable to play sitting and the Sheraton is the least, but I can make any of them work.

SAguitar likes this.
  12. rockinstephen

rockinstephen Electromatic

For me, it's my Jazzmaster. With 2 relief cuts and perfect balance, it's the most comfortable I've played. I use a strap when seated. I've never tried one of those Ovations, but I'd like to. I guess they were just too radical to become popular...

13. LongJohn

LongJohn Synchromatic

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Couch plucking my Jazzmaster yesterday confirms it's number 1 place on the list.

14. andreww1962

andreww1962 Gretschie

Apr 30, 2019
    Toronto
    For me Ive found that my Les Pauls and Telecaster are very comfortable to play seated. Strat is comfortable too, but the contoured body tends to want to slide down my thigh too easily. I will say that my Gretsch 2420 is a very comfortable guitar to play seated as well.

15. junglejem

junglejem Electromatic

Jan 7, 2012
    California
    All I can add is that a White Falcon doesn't work in a recliner...not your old man couch guitar.

drmilktruck and Jeff67 like this.
  16. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I deliberately buy recliners which are a bit wider than normal, so I can play an archtop in comfort.

sgarnett, drmilktruck and Jeff67 like this.
  17. LJOHNS

LJOHNS Electromatic

Dec 7, 2019
    WV
  18. Walker314

Walker314 Electromatic

May 9, 2019
    CT
    Other than my Martin, my Tele is the most comfortable to play sitting down. Subsequently, it's the guitar I play most.

lathoto likes this.
  19. lathoto

lathoto Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.