Monteleone LaCorsa in open G

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Great playing. But that guitar. Yikes. I had to google it to find out more about the model, only to learn that it was a one-off custom build for you. Beautiful.
aP3ZuYr.jpg

Howitt

Gretschie
Oct 16, 2020
Huntington Station, NY
It is a very special instrument for many reasons, not the least of which is that John has been a friend since 1972 or so. He was best man at my elopement, actually!

This is my second build from him, but when I ordered LaCorsa I KNEW what I wanted and why I wanted it. When I ordered my first it was 1976 I was still learning about what fit my ergonomics, visual tastes and tonal palette. It's a learning experience, and thankfully there was no internet back then to put it up to committee vote.

Mistakes are the the best teacher, period.

I got the first build picture of LaCorsa while I was lying in bed with Covid & pneumonia, on April 1, 2020......no joke. The irony was heavy, but thankfully I got through it, and became a grandfather 11 days later to boot!

John had me down to the shop on my 69th birthday, June 4, 2020 to pick it up. A week later I was in the studio recording a final track for The Rhytalin Kid, my 5th release, and it stood up to a pair of AKG-414's beautifully. Here's the track, Loki's Lament, that I recorded that day:

Thanks for the kind words!

Best,
Howard Emerson

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
It is a very special instrument for many reasons, not the least of which is that John has been a friend since 1972 or so. He was best man at my elopement, actually!
Wow, that's pretty cool. I know a guy who can burp the alphabet, so I get what it's like to associate gifted people myself. ;)

Loved the tune too.