Miss my baby - DSW

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by JHowdy, Aug 21, 2020.

1. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Facebook was kind enough to stab me in the stomach today with this picture from May 2016. I had to sell this DSW in 2017. Sigh :oops:. I sure miss you, my dear. Smackkkk! :p

Do you regret selling some particular guitar?

13256110_961111947338510_4917143538970222197_n.jpg

2. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

I regret selling 2:

I figured I didn't really need the humbucker in the bridge position, so it wasn't getting the love it deserved. The minute it was gone, I realized I made a mistake. It was part of some gear I traded in for my Taylor 710ce, so I kept telling myself I'd get over it, but the regret has never gone away.

03daef0e-480f-4702-990b-4b67321288bf_zpsdf18fb73.jpg

This Schecter was one I found at a GC when I was just killing time. I loved everything about it . . . except the back of the neck was a little tacky feeling and in the Tennessee humidity that was a problem. I really should have kept it and done a light sanding of the back of the neck, but at the time, I was extremely busy and so never got around to it. It got away, too, and I still regret it.

2ca903eb-cc8e-4326-9289-900e918cf74d_zpsb6c837e0.jpg

ruger9, Mr Swisher, Jeff67 and 2 others like this.
  3. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Oh aye,there's a few....:rolleyes:
    1986 Epiphone Sheraton T/burst
    1977 Gretsch Super Chet,ya ,the one Mr.Sambora has now.
    1989 Rickenbacker 325V59 mapleglo
    Early 70's Gibson Les Paul Deluxe gold top
    1993/94 Gibson Les Paul std
    1997/98 Rickenbacker 330 jetglo
    Early 90's Fender 50's Strat MIJ 2 tone burst

I'll stop now....:(

4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    A Les Paul Custom ( black beauty ) after my mom died some 35 years ago . Had it for about 10 years and sold it ...well ...when i got divorced ..sorry buddy

LivingMyDream, audept and JHowdy like this.
  5. bone

bone Gretschie

Aug 9, 2020
    here
    my cheap as hell Kramer Strikers (2)_ they were my first electrics.. didn't sell them, though. I left them on base when i skedaddled. Hopefully, some GI got his hair metal on with them.

also, gave a buddy who's place burned my steinberger.. although, the headless thing and i didn't groove and I'm glad i did it, i do miss the convenience of being able to throw a git in upper bin storage so the bag manglers can't get their mits on it.

guess that doesn't really matter that much since we're all grounded anyway

LivingMyDream, audept and JHowdy like this.
  6. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Gretschie

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    I traded one of these in my youth to a shop that fully took advantage of my naivete. I ended up with a Mexican Strat that I kept all of about 2 months. I certainly didn't want a pink guitar any longer but damn, this was a serious player. I bought it for $500 and lost it for a throw away strat.

Funny thing is, when I did a quick search for this, I found this one for sale on Reverb and I swear it may even be the same one. It had a nick on the neck in the same place that wasn't nearly as noticeable as this one but it's been 30 plus years now ... it might be the same guitar!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    audept and JHowdy like this.
  8. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    This struck me bad because I'm having a divorce right now, and my Mom's gone too, bless her. Myself I've always been of that "marriage is meant to last for ever" type of guy and I'm divorcing for the second time now. The first one may have been my fault but this time it isn't so I guess I had it coming. Feels bad, real bad, but I hope I won't have to sell my remaining guitars to please the never ending needs of the dragon :oops:.

9. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    I've had one of these in orange. It was a really nice player, but all that China metal wasn't so good. The frets ran out fast and the wobbling tuners were terrible. So, I think you made a good trade then.

audept likes this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    It was nice when I got it and it had regular strings but it started to grate on my nerves. Happens with every full sized HB pup. Filtertrons are the only ones that haven’t driven me off. Then the flats where horrible and the pups irritated. I hate turning over gear but I sure don’t miss it. I would miss everyone of my current crop though if I had to sell. All of the current crop but two. I do have two I think I could part with but I won’t cave to the current market rates if at all possible.

JHowdy and audept like this.
  11. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Luckily no I haven't but then again I haven't sold too many.

Schecters I think are a bit underrated, great for the money, i have 2 'C' series ones like the one pictured and won't sell them.

JHowdy, audept and TSims1 like this.
  12. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I only regret selling one. And a friend bought it from me, so my chances of getting it back again one day are decent.

But guitars are just things. And it’s nice to have things, but honestly it’s just stuff. I only NEED one guitar. Gimme one good Telecaster and I can do anything I need to do.

13. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Agreed! Schecters ARE good guitars. I owned a flame maple double bucker Schecter Tele once that was totally fantastic.

Stefan87 likes this.
  14. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Love that Strat!!

audept likes this.
  15. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    6ABF1498-4594-4A6F-BD6A-9268D3EFA6A0.jpeg 9CD42EC6-97AD-4D69-A037-A32D83808AF4.jpeg I miss these two the most. The Penguin was a stunner but i had to raise some serious money to get my es295 so it was a sacrifice For a higher goal.
    The tele was just a mistake. Man i loved wailing on that thing. Amazing neck. Tons of sounds. Stunning looking. Shouldnt have sold it. Aaaarg.

16. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Hey, it sounds like you're even on the marriages. It ain't easy, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Best to you and keep looking forward. That smoke will eventually clear and it'll be a more peaceful life

Scott and JHowdy like this.
  17. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    NEVER sell a good Tele. Several very good Gretsches would go before my Tele, and many have over the years.

Can't explain it, but a good plank is really special.

20200814_130759.jpg 20200503_143709.jpg

TeleRooo, Stefan87, bone and 4 others like this.
  18. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    At first I thought, ya, a number of guitars. Then when I really thought about it, each one was sold for a reason and those reasons still hold today.

There are some I would like to play again, but not own.

mbkri likes this.
  19. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    I've never owned or even played a Tele so I wouldn't know. But I disliked my strat when I was a pup.

20. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Had one of those and sold it to a forum member here. Had a 2013 blue Hot Rod, I do kinda miss that.

JHowdy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.