Metal chrome pickup rings?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Ted Keane, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Ted Keane

Ted Keane Electromatic

Mar 19, 2016
    Ft Collins,Colorado
    Does anyone know where I can buy some metal pickup mounting rings?I really don't like plastic.

2. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    I bought some a few months ago from a seller on Reverb. He had some for flat- top and arched top guitars, like LPs. The seller was Vision Guitar.

3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    eBay or Reverb. Maybe even Etsy.

4. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    I tried for a long time to find some but Found them nowhere!
    I'm so sick of the plastic Rings as they always break and this is something i can't live with on my electromatic where the pickups are directly mounted to the ring.
    They even broke on a guitar of a good friend while he was on Tour.....
    So i asked many many people if they would custom build some for me and it always was either no or way too expensive (someone asked 400€ for 2 rings).
    I was so frustrated that i even contemplated glueing in extra wood into my electromatic so i could get some traditional mount pickups.
    But then i Found someone Who builds custom guitar parts at reasonable prices in indonesia and got him to build tv jones english mount rings out of Metal.
    I haven't gotten around to install them yet but have to say they look very good but not perfect

5. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
    Had to Order atleast 10 rings so i ordered 10 and sold the ones i didn't need.

To be honest the only Reason why i didn't install mine yet is because i don't know how to measure the height on my pickups as they are right now.
    I would like to Set the pickup height the same with the new Rings but i'm having trouble measuring and stuff

Attached Files:

Henry likes this.
  6. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    drmilktruck and Marv666 like this.
  7. Marv666

Marv666 Gretschie

Jul 26, 2020
    Germany
  8. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Based on previous experience, the stock Electromatic ring mounting holes usually seem to be a tiny bit narrower (or sometimes wider) spacing than the standard HB rings so you have to start them in at a slight angle but they straighten out as you screw them in. Some of them have been an exact fit though so probably safest to measure the spacing of the holes on the specific guitar you're working w/.

Here's the advertised dimensions from GFS:
    [​IMG]

Marv666 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.